Can you help me salvage a damaged *.biq map?

Cimbri

Deity
Help! I am being oppressed by Civ3ConquestsEdit.

I have a problem: I am in the process of creating a map. This map has been nurtured and cared for by me, for quite some time. I am very fond of this map. Alas, while editing said map, Civ3ConquestsEdit suddenly said unable to write or some dang thing (the same message you get when you have had two Civ3ConquestsEdit running at the same time and you close one of them), and this happened simultaneously with a message saying that I was running out of disc space (I was in the process of downloading a large game demo).

So I saved my work and went about freeing up disc space. When I attempted to reload the map, Civ3ConquestsEdit was most rude and said “Seek failed” rendering me unable to open it. Nor can I import map or anything from the damaged file. Scheisse! :cry:

I figured, if I upload the map here, someone might be able to salvage the naked map. City placement and such is unimportant. Only the map is important. I’ve spent quite a lot of time working on it, and though I usually create backups, I hadn’t for this one, being in an early and supposedly non-dangerous phase of basic map editing.

If someone here can help me I would be eternally grateful.

Attachments

• Fantasy ULTIMATE.rar
    119.9 KB · Views: 35
Here you go, took me 3 minutes.

Attachments

• Fantasy ULTIMATE v3.rar
    119.6 KB · Views: 37
2 minutes to think about it, 1 minute to open and save it with Civ Multi Tool. ;)

You're welcome.

Aresbourg actually, one of the two largest cities in Fantasy "France". And I named one of the civ rulers Ares I Servator (the saviour) :D

Top Bottom