Can you not select any leader to play?

vmxa

Deity
Supporter
I seem to only have a short list of leaders to choose from, when starting a new game. I only get a drop down list and it seems to be the same list every time? Anyone shed some light on this or is that just how it goes?

Thanks

Combination of my monitor settings and UI colors made the scroll bars a little difficult to spot. If your screen doesn't look like attached picture, you may want to upload one.

Attachments

• civ_select.png
    civ_select.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 105
I think the issue is the civ I was looking for is not part of the std game. I cannot confirm it, but it seems that the deluxe version has additional civs. I am going to get that version and see. I thought it only contained music and the dlc's would be later.

I seem to only have a short list of leaders to choose from, when starting a new game. I only get a drop down list and it seems to be the same list every time? Anyone shed some light on this or is that just how it goes?

Thanks

there are 20 leaders in the base game, plus the Aztecs. If you see less than 20 leaders, then that makes me wonder something.

There are no extra civs in the Deluxe Edition. The only extra is Aztecs which you got by preordering. Apart from possibly the Aztecs, everyone has the same amount of civs. Have you tried scrolling the scrollbar?

I think the issue is the civ I was looking for is not part of the std game. I cannot confirm it, but it seems that the deluxe version has additional civs. I am going to get that version and see. I thought it only contained music and the dlc's would be later.
That may not be quite accurate. The Aztecs are not present in the standard edition, but, they are not present yet; they will be present for free in a month or so.

EDIT: Massively ninja'd. :p

I noticed the same thing. I think I only had about 8 leaders to choose from. I thought maybe I had to unlock some leaders through accomplishments or something.

Top Bottom