Can you still brake the diplomatic AI?

When you were confronted with a unfair or a bad deal by the AI in civ 4 where you had to either accept the deal or face a decreased relations penalty with the Civ making the deal there was one way the player could cheat to ignore the deal without suffering from decreased relations.

Here is how:

1. The AI suddenly pops up and demands that you give it a (insert technology) or else!
2. You select the "make a counter-offer" option.
3. As the AI waits for your counter-proposal you simply click the "never mind" option.
4. And as a result, the diplomacy screen is closed and the original deal that the AI wanted turns into nothing without any diplomatic penalties at all.

Ok, so its technically not cheating but it still isn't any better then cheating. Is doing something like that still possible in Civ 5?

i hope so. never noticed that in cIV, but i hop eit's available in civ5

Okay, I don't know what you're talking about. I just went into a saved game to make sure I wasn't crazy for never having noticed this possibility all these years. At least in BTS, there's no such option. Are you talking Vanilla? Is this something they've edited out to prevent exploit and I just don't remember?

You could always break an unfair trade proposal. You could not however break a demand/plea for help.

The OP is probably wrong, he did not correctly describe an actual "demand" in civ4, any version.

What is described in the OP was never cheating, there was never any intention in game design for things to be otherwise.

Unless you found a bug where you could ignore demands without penalty, but I doubt that is so - simply deciding not to trade two techs is not cheating the AI and not a flaw in civ4 design.

Thats what you call a bug, and will Civ5 have bugs, perhaps like this one, almost certainly, but they will eventually all be removed, why are you wanting a bug is my question.

There are bound to be loopholes, exploits, bugs and glitches in the system. The community will discover them and use them to their advantage.

Okay, I don't know what you're talking about. I just went into a saved game to make sure I wasn't crazy for never having noticed this possibility all these years. At least in BTS, there's no such option. Are you talking Vanilla? Is this something they've edited out to prevent exploit and I just don't remember?

I don't remember. But I do remember doing this all the time as does my friend who also played Civ 4 and BTS a lot.

Top Bottom