Can you still win a domination victory is someone's capital is raised?

Some mods allow for capital raze. In this case you still can win domintion, as razed capital do not count towards victory on any equation side. Like it never existed..

Even if you could raize a capital, you can still win just not technically by domination. If you completely wipe out every other civ you win a default victory. The victory screen literally says, "You win because no one else can". Its like a psuedo hidden additional victory condition. I only figured this out because I had domination turned off in a game and completely wiped everybody else out.

I took the last capital last night and immediately won a domination victory. This was despite one of the early Civ's being wiped off the map.

Even if you could raize a capital, you can still win just not technically by domination. If you completely wipe out every other civ you win a default victory. The victory screen literally says, "You win because no one else can". Its like a psuedo hidden additional victory condition. I only figured this out because I had domination turned off in a game and completely wiped everybody else out.
Lol... So I guess if the ai has two cities, their own and one other cap, and the other cap flips to free cities the turn before you take their cap you win a not-dom victory? If so there should be an achievement :p

It's not fair to call that a pseudo win condition. It's the ULTIMATE win condition.

Pseudo victory conditions are for things that are contingent on opponents not trying like religious or culture :p.

I guess conquest VC is still in the game after all, not just domination. Interesting.

:lol: . You monster

I came across this once as well. Went for ultimate empire builder, huge map, one opponent, no barbs, settler difficulty, aztecs (for more happiness and easier expanding), came across the other AI pretty early, wiped them off immediately while having all victory conditions (except maybe science) disabled.

That reminds me of always wanting conquest over domination in Civ 4, because of the better victory video. :lol:

Capitals can't be razed. And you have to control all original capitals, even if an AI civ eliminated another.
I'm pretty sure I've seen if a city-state army takes someone's original capital it is razed to the ground.

I think like barbarians city states do not really capture capitals

CS's (and barbs) will never take capitals. They will reduce it to zero health and just stand around.

Top Bottom