Can you stop an enemy spaceship if they have no Capital city?

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by Kadence, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Kadence

Kadence Chieftain

I'm playing Emperor difficulty, and the Greeks are building a spaceship (they haven't launched it yet). But, they don't have a capital city.

If I can't capture their capital, is there any way for me to stop the spaceship once they launch it? Other than capturing all their cities, which does not seem feasible as they have a large empire. Or am I just out of luck in this case?

2. RedKi-rr

RedKi-rr Prince

Unfortunately, I dont know the answer. Probably capital doesn't matter forvthe Spaceship.

In general, Civ 1 is quite random. Any wonders and spaceship part are given for free to AI (with certain probability every turn) if they have the corresponding technology.

3. tupi

tupi Warlord

Nope, the only way to stop them in this case is to destroy them completely. If their empire is big and they have plenty of units and city improvements, they can sometimes build a new Palace when they have nothing to do. But chance for this is slim.

4. RedKi-rr

RedKi-rr Prince

By the way, it is another to afraid of AIs with many cities (except preventing their landing). With many cities they construct Spaceship parts just too fast)

5. Mize

Mize Prince

Short answer is 'no'. But you could theoretically delay their launch by engaging them. When they're under attack, the AI cities will tend to prioritize building units to replace lost defenders instead of spaceship parts.

6. RedKi-rr

RedKi-rr Prince

Well...but is not AI get spaceship parts for free? Similar to wonders. Or may be building warriors instead of buildings they make chance of wonders/spaceship lower?

7. Mize

Mize Prince

I'm not sure if they get them for free or if they rush them with cash, but a city can only build one thing at a time, so the more AI cities you attack or conquer, the less spaceship parts the AI will be able to build in the same turn.

8. tupi

tupi Warlord

They don't get SS parts for free, but can speed up its production at 2$ = 1 shield rate (but only if you already have some ready SS parts too). And after Robotics they set science to 0%, so they have good flow of cash (they don't pay for city improvements, after all). BTW, if you somehow give them Robotics early, when they still don't know space flight, then they will get stuck in research and will not be able to build spaceship. So, for example, when Alexander demands Robotics from you when he still have no idea about space flight yet - do it.

9. RedKi-rr

RedKi-rr Prince

Thanks! Good to know it.:) By some reason I thought that Spaceships is free as well. But Wonders are free, right?