Can you turn off city labels ?

timewasted

Chieftain
Can you turn off city labels ?

When you are fighting a war and moving units, they clutter the screen up especially when you zoom out

I would like this answer also. I spend a lot of time zoomed out as far as the screen will go (I really do miss the whole world view sometimes;-)) and it becomes nearly impossible to make sense of unit placement, resource tiles, any number of things really--it gets really cluttered and I just don't like the strategic map all that well.

I too was incredibly disappointed when I found out there was no more worldview.
It was so easy to just zoom out with the mousewheel, point at where you wanted to go with your mouse, then zoom back in

Agreed. Even just if the size of labels did reduce with the terrain when zooming out (and maybe disappearing from a certain level).

And I miss the Earth view too. The poles were strange and some distances distorted but it was just great to see.

Agreed. Even just if the size of labels did reduce with the terrain when zooming out (and maybe disappearing from a certain level).

And I miss the Earth view too. The poles were strange and some distances distorted but it was just great to see.

What's weird to me is that Earth view could have been better in Civ V because of the use of hexes. (soccer ballish)

Yeah. All the worlds are flat.

I don't miss the earth view at all, but I would like to know if the city labels can be turned off or made smaller.

I don't miss the earth view at all, but I would like to know if the city labels can be turned off or made smaller.

No way to turn them off or make them smaller and it is very frustrating. they disappear if you zoom in close enough, which I end up having to do in many battles to make sure I send troops to the correct hex. but zoomed out to get an overall picture of the situation, they are right in the way :(

would think something like this would be so obvious to anyone coding or testing the game, but then what do I know :D

What's weird to me is that Earth view could have been better in Civ V because of the use of hexes. (soccer ballish)

You mean truly round? According to competent people, you need a mix of hexagons and pentagons to make it spheric. Soccer balls are made of both. I wouldn't mind a few irregularities in the grid to make the world round but it is probably a huuuge work to mod if possible at all. Would be nice though.

edit: what should be more moddable is the labels issue. And maybe a "spheric illusion" like in Civ IV.

anyone ? still cant turn off those MASSIVE city labels that cover the screen so i cant see my units ? crazy

are you all really finding it that hard to see your units? :lol:

or is this just another pointless thread about a tiny detail.

are you all really finding it that hard to see your units? :lol:

or is this just another pointless thread about a tiny detail.

i made a valid point and question about something i think needs improving and others have agreed. your response is completely pointless

Top Bottom