Can you turn off fog of war?

Brenador

Warlord
Are there any options or cheat codes that enable you to see everything that is going on in the world?

AFAIK you have to wait until world builder is released. There may be a way to do it through the XML though

As far as actual "cheat codes" goes. There have not ever been those in Civilization.

The closest you get are the modding tools or Civ2's Cheats menu (that acted more like a scenerio building tool).

As far as actual "cheat codes" goes. There have not ever been those in Civilization.

The closest you get are the modding tools or Civ2's Cheats menu (that acted more like a scenerio building tool).

No, there was definitely something resembling cheat codes. In Civ4 you could open the ini file, replace a certain line with the word "chipotle", and it allowed you to open a chead-code-like console in-game. I don't know everything it could do, but one thing I used it for was to remove myself from the game and watch the other AI players play by themselves. Don't know if that's "cheating", thought.

Actually there was *one*... In CivI (Dos 1.0 version) holding shift and then hitting 12345678 removed black fog of war from the entire world map. It was removed from the Dos 1.1 version though...

No, there was definitely something resembling cheat codes. In Civ4 you could open the ini file, replace a certain line with the word "chipotle", and it allowed you to open a chead-code-like console in-game. I don't know everything it could do, but one thing I used it for was to remove myself from the game and watch the other AI players play by themselves. Don't know if that's "cheating", thought.

Actually there was *one*... In CivI (Dos 1.0 version) holding shift and then hitting 12345678 removed black fog of war from the entire world map. It was removed from the Dos 1.1 version though...

I stand corrected. I have been playing since Civ1, never knew about either of those.

I still really doubt though that there are any kinds of cheats in Civ5.

Top Bottom