1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you use builders to speed construction?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Sherlock, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

It takes forever to build Wonders in this game. I thought I read you could use a builder to speed construction, is that true? How does that work?

2. Rosty K

Rosty K King

That's the exclusive property of Chinese builders, only with Ancient and Classical wonders though. Aztec builders can do districts.

Well, and you can chop the forest and jungle, or harvest stone in the city's territory to get a one-time production boost, if that counts as 'using builders to speed construction'...

3. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Warlord

Don't forget you can chop woods and rainforests. You'd be surprised how many turns you'll save.

4. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

Does chopping wood or rainforest use a builders 'charge'?

I've got to get production up in my cities....

5. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Warlord

Yes, it does. It's usually well worth it though.

6. Herod

Herod Warlord

Don't forget you can plant another wood after chopping, although you cannot chop a second wood.
    Try to build mines on all your hill tiles and plan your factories so one factory provides a yield to as many cities as possible. If you have a city where you need a production boost then stick a load of domestic traders in it.