Can you use the EARTH map with any civ?

Simo

Warlord
Thankfully was able to buy a new PC which can run this game and had my first crack last night.

Just wondering though when I selected the earth map in the scenario I could only choose certain civs?
Surely you are able to pick whatever civ you like on the earth map like in every other version cant you?

Also can anyone else name their units? When I try the box comes up but typing does nothing, the cursor just sits there!

One more thing, can you no longer select how many civs you play against? I noticed that was missing aswell (or i missed it) when setting up my game.

I am able to name my fine. Just press the name of them, it brings up a box, then type in your new name.

To select how many civs you play against, go to custom game, intead of the quick start option(I forget what it is called, play now! I think.)

Yes, if you want total control of the game options, you need to start a CUSTOM GAME instead of PLAY NOW.

You can pick any civ on any map. I haven't tried to rename units, so I can't help with that one.

On Earth map of this version you are stuck with those civs available. Also, they start in the positions where Rome, Athens, Delhi and whatever are in real world.
I guess someone has already made a mod for this...

Yzman said:
I am able to name my fine. Just press the name of them, it brings up a box, then type in your new name.

To select how many civs you play against, go to custom game, intead of the quick start option(I forget what it is called, play now! I think.)

Yeah I get that box, but whatever I type the cursor just sits there and blinks - nothing happens. Oh well, not a big deal im just happy to be playing it finally and it runs amazing on my new PC.

Thanks for the other responses, what a shame about the Earth map, very short sited in my opinion, I always love to play on the earth map. I will look to the mod community for a map.

And I will use custom games from now on, I just jumped in anxious to play and didnt realise it!

Thanks again.

Current Earth scenario has ups and downs, in some ways it is nice to know where everyone is beforehand and having a large continent to explore for later game...of course often it gives a definite edge...like Rome and Berlin or Beijing and Karakorum starting next to each other, and Germany and Mongols starting with hunting, that is, scout as their first unit...gee, what should Rome and China do?
Earth Ice Age seems to have random starting locations.

Top Bottom