Canada by Dumanios

Dumanios

MLG
The Canadians were a request by dacubz145, but after making them, I decided to include them as a civ in my mod, since they're very different from anyone else in my mod (so far), and it was a bit frustrating looking for units for Canada, since the server kept being too crowded.

Spoiler :
Row 1: Settler, Worker, Explorer, Warrior, Swordsman, Axeman
Row 2: Maceman, Spearman, Pikeman, Musketman, Rifleman, Grenadier
Row 3: Anti-Tank, UU, SAM Infantry, Marine, Paratrooper, Mechanized Infantry
Row 4: Archer, Longbowman, Crossbowman, Chariot, Horse Archer, Knight
Row 5: Cuirassier, Cavalry, War Elephant, Tank, Modern Armour, Mobile Artillery
Row 6: Galley, Trireme, Caravel, Galleon, Frigate, Ship of the Line
Row 7: Destroyer, Fighter, Jet Fighter, Bomber, Stealth Bomber

Leaders:

Unique Unit:

Unique Building:

Credits
Spoiler :
Base Civ: CivGold

Explorer, Jet Fighter, Cavalry: The Canada Mod

Swordsman: Coffee Junkie's Native Americans

Axeman: Here

Maceman, Horse Archer, Spearman, Archer: Bernie14's Iroquois Guys

Musketman, Cuirassier: Coffee Junkie's Ethnic Mix More mod

Anti-Tank, SAM Infantry, Marine, Paratrooper, and Mechanized Infantry: Zerver's Modern Canadians

Modern Armour: Earth 2010 mod

Tank(?), Fighter, Bomber: Snafusmith's Units

Stephen Harper's Leaderhead: Techathon's Dan Quayle

John MacDonald: ramzay1945's MacDonald

Rifleman and Grenadier: Zerver's Canadian Rifleman and Grenadier

Destroyer: GeneralMatt's Tribal Class Destroyer

Stealth Bomber: Asioasioasio's RCAF B-47 Stratojet

Play Hockey while eating Pancakes and Maple syrup here. While riding a Moose.

Last edited:
Thanks! Wasn't expecting a comment this fast. :lol:

was just on the site diong my own stuff and it popped up as new DL so checked it out :D

EDIT: also im gonna look into making a unit for a Canadian stealth bomber, i could use one for my mod and im sure itll help you out too:D

Is it just me, or is this almost exactly the same as the Canada Deluxe mod but with less leaders and more flavour units?

I had planned to add Samuel de Champlain so that it would be different from the deluxe canada mod. Unfortunately, I had ran into lots of trouble with the button(namely, it didn't appear, there would be no button, the link to the leaderhead would work, but no button, not even a big glob of pink). The only other possibility I thought of that wasn't used in CivGold/Deluxe Canada was Stephen Harper, but I didn't think many people would like a leader who was current.

I had planned to add Samuel de Champlain so that it would be different from the deluxe canada mod. Unfortunately, I had ran into lots of trouble with the button(namely, it didn't appear, there would be no button, the link to the leaderhead would work, but no button, not even a big glob of pink). The only other possibility I thought of that wasn't used in CivGold/Deluxe Canada was Stephen Harper, but I didn't think many people would like a leader who was current.

Id like to see Stephen harper :D also for the button that happened to me once, it was a bad alpha, check that. if you wanna change it up a bit, personally for Canada ive wanted to seen a new UB for quiet some time, dont like the current one that every1 has cuz its just a reskin

Version 2 Released

In an effort for my mod to not look like a badly done clone of the Deluxe Canada, I added Stephen Harper. I had also planned on adding in the Microwave Station graphics from Destiny, but I couldn't find the blasted thing.

STEPHEN HARPER? Are you kidding me? If you want another leader, add in Wilfred Laurier, who did infinitely more for Canada than Harper will ever do!

STEPHEN HARPER? Are you kidding me? If you want another leader, add in Wilfred Laurier, who did infinitely more for Canada than Harper will ever do!

haha someones not a fan of harper, no reason to be to harsh, some people like playing modern LH.. like me:D cant say Obama has done anything for America, yet hes in so many mods

OK, OK, what dacubz said. Obama is in a ton of mods, and Putin, Kim Jong-Ill, Ahmadinejad, and Manmohan Singh appear in mods as well. I suppose I'll put Wilfred Laurier, though their are 2 leaderheads that suit Laurier. One is Ben-Gurion with a new background, but I've already used Ben-Gurion for my Israel. The other choice is John Adams from Colonization.

The only problem with Adams is that his clothes may be a bit too old-fashioned. I assume Charismatic(he had to be popular to maintain 15 years in office) and Protective(he was the leader during WWI, and because I am not having another Organized Canuck leader).

you could always try posting a request for a shirt change if you dont know how to do it yourself, basically no1 takes LH requests anymore, but it seems like if they are just fixing something or changing something small, alot of people seem to want to help, but also background would need to be changed for sure, but beside that the LH looks good

Also ideas for ships could be HMS dreadnought, and George V Class Battleship, Ark Royal Carrier (or illustrious class carrier) as well as T-Class Submarine

All are british but were used by Canada and have art

haha someones not a fan of harper, no reason to be to harsh, some people like playing modern LH.. like me:D cant say Obama has done anything for America, yet hes in so many mods

It's not that he's modern, but that Harper is a rather bad candidate for a modern Canadian (the Tar Sands come to mind). My opinion is that Pearson would be a better modern Canadian leader. However, if we want to debate about the merits of Harper's term as Prime Minister, just PM me: I don't want to spam up this thread with a political debate.

Another Update
I added Pearson to make things a bit better. Harper is still in, but not assigned to a civ. You'll need to do that yourself. :o

Another Update
I added Pearson to make things a bit better. Harper is still in, but not assigned to a civ. You'll need to do that yourself. :o

nice, but i dont see why to add a leader if hes not assigned to a civ, should just choose one way or another

I personally think that the Microwave Tower is rather OP. How about nerfing it?

Those are the same stats that CivGold uses, but more importantly, what replacement advantages would you suggest?

Maybe +25% culture? 15% would be the lowest I would suggest.

Top Bottom