[GS] Canada Discussion Thread

It'll be interesting to try colonizing tundra with them, I wish though they hadn't made them immune to surprise wars. Kind of hard to think of some of history's greatest conquerors being forced to give notice first :D It's a nice bonus though.

The accumulated resource bonus should give them an edge in diplomacy too. Could potentially mean they have the opportunity to field more advanced units quicker.

Great points, particularly on the National Parks. I wonder if it's possible to win a cultural victory without any Great Works.
It probably is POSSIBLE but the difficulty level would be astoundingly high considering you get so much tourism from GWAMs.

Also curious where the food and production comes from in a hockey rink.
The food comes from the concession stands, obviously. The production comes from grinding and checking. Hockey players usually refer to it as Grit or Heart.

Ehh, I kind of feel they could have given the tundra boost to a more exciting civ with a more radical bonus, like the Inuit or Sami. Nothing about this design is particularly exciting, and makes it even more disappointing that Canada took the North American slot from a native civ (the Maya should be considered as essential as Egypt in my opinion). Combine it with some tedious surprise war restrictions and it feels like this is a by the numbers fan service civ rather than one that occupies an interesting game design niche.

The Canadian symbol appears to be a maple leaf.

View attachment 511689

Well colour me shocked.

A lot of mixed emotions with this one.

*First time I looked at the First Look on YouTube - laughed at how wrong we were when we guessed Sweden.

*When I heard about their unique - disappointed that theirs is incredibly stereotypical.... but then you have Carnivals for Brazil and golf courses for Scotland so....

*When I saw the World Congress - *shriek* It... looks... so... beautiful....

It's a good thing on my first game in GS I'm going to play as the Cree with all the new civs including Canada. Not only do you get a post-colonial revenge of sorts, you also play a civ that is not stereotypically depicted.

The World Games in Civ VI is different from Civ V, in Civ V it was all based on production but in Civ VI you complete the training athletes project plus maintain stadiums and aquatic centers.

I don't mind those, but I would have probably done something other than the tundra farm thing.

Tundra farms make it viable to settle in tundra, so that's a big bonus IMO.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-11 um 16.15.09.jpg

New civic.

I was hoping for something more interesting than "we're a snow civ too, guys!" but oh well. The mountie is a very interesting unit compared to what they could have done with them.

Top Bottom