Canada Mod - Deluxe Edition

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Wyz_sub10, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

2. slaxton

slaxton Chieftain

sorry i forgot to do a unit button, it totally slipped my mind. im getting to work on it now.

and thanks alot Arcys for the links, i found one more propaganda poster aswell, it may be in french but apparently the colours are almost bang on. i'll use those links for reference for sure though :)

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Warlord

Looks to be coming along very well, I'll give it a try for my next game. Nice work.

4. R-A-N-M-A

R-A-N-M-A Chieftain

First off, awesome job Slaxton and Wyz. I am really looking forward to the final product.

Secondly, what do you have in the way of National wonders planned for the next update. I heard talk of the Confederation Bridge and talk of the RCMP. If you are looking for a good effect for the RCMP to have maybe a court room in each city. For the Bridge +1 great engineer and +1 commerce +1 Production. For required techs maybe facism for RCMP since it is a police thing and combution or industrialism for the bridge because it is a very advanced bridge. Just a couple of suggestions.

Lastly where is the link for Beta 3? I can't find it in the first post.

5. Wyz_sub10

Thank you. Slaxton and Cybercollector deserve the lion's share on this one, though.

I like these suggestions - they certainly sound like a good starting (if not ending) point. I'm still figuring out the XML files for buildings. If anyone is more acquainted with these then me, let me know.

The link is right at the top of the post. It appears fine (and works fine) from both my home and work computers. Let me know if you have a problem with it.

6. LAnkou

LAnkou Breizh A Tao

if you manage to get these national wonders working, could tell me if it has any repercussion on the xml files used for a new civ?

7. BlowPhish

BlowPhish Chieftain

Is there a link somewhere I missed to download this mod?

8. Cybercollector

Cybercollector Chieftain

www.canadatrack.com\CanadaMod_Beta 3.zip

Here you go, you should copy and paste it in the browser for it to work.

The problem is that the file name has no _ between Beta and 3, thus breaking the link.

9. asaegyn

asaegyn Chieftain

hey guys, great work on the patch, it's awesome.

however, i can't seem to download the mod

there is this link
    http://www.canadatrack.com/CanadaMod_Beta 3.zip

but that just ends up going to the canada track site. dunno where else to get it.

re national wonder - i mite add something along the lines of penecilling - so maybe a university hospital - say it increases the effect of univeristy and hospital by some sort of balanced factor?

just a thought.

cheers.

10. colonel_angus

colonel_angus Chieftain

I think the link on page 1 of this forum has the updated file :)
    That's where it has always been!

Angus

11. asaegyn

asaegyn Chieftain

12. Arcys

Arcys Chieftain

13. Wyz_sub10

14. BlowPhish

BlowPhish Chieftain

If you copy and paste the link and then remove the http and have just www. It will work. THIS LINK WORKS!! www.canadatrack.com/CanadaMod_Beta3.zip Haven't had alot of time to try out the mod yet but looks good from what I saw. Are there custom great people? Like Alexander Graham Bell?

15. TylerDurdon

TylerDurdon Warlord

Argh!!!! Rael even make it too here...:confused: it was the last place I ever thought to see him!!! gush!!! hes everywhere.... in a thousand years people will takes him for jesus or something!! :lol:

16. purplexus

purplexus Prince

im going to offend someone, but a warrior unit renamed "seal-clubber" would make me laugh, gets +50% versus navy seals.

I Can't Believe My Eyes!!!!
    Roflmfao

17. R-A-N-M-A

R-A-N-M-A Chieftain

I think following a sucessful true to life Canada mod, you should do a joke sterotypical Canada mod. WIth seal clubbers and mounties and cities not being able to grow larger than 1, with some added relgions like Tim Hortans and Hockey.

I finally got the link to work, wohoo reskinned Canada corps here I come.

I am sorry I left you out in my other thank you, so thanks Cybercollector. You guys are doing a bang up job.

18. slaxton

slaxton Chieftain

did my best on the button but i havent been able to get it to replace the original one. havent really tried to hard, but i dont have time right now.
    the red strip on the helmet of the button has been removed, i just forgot to update the picture

19. Wyz_sub10

It won't affect the Civ-specific files...at least not that I can see. But once I get it done (it will take a while) I will certainly let you know.

20. Wyz_sub10

Regarding the 1.09 patch, apparently a few files have to be changed. I'll do that hopefully on Thursday night but maybe not until very, very late Friday.