Canada Mod - Deluxe Edition

Nice job, but for the unique Canadian unit I would have put a machine gun that can attack offensively, since it the machine gun as an offensive weapon was developed by the Canadians in WWI, they used the machine gun to attack rather than just defend, and they developed the modern mixed squad, machine gun, riflemen, etc. To be honest we did better in WWI because of our machine gun tactics that were later used in WWII.

And Mounties would be great, maybe it could be a unique unit that replaces cavalry, but his advantage is when he takes over cities, there is no revolt. Or maybe he has less strength, but eliminates 1 unhappiness per city, or so.

Guerra said:
And Mounties would be great, maybe it could be a unique unit that replaces cavalry, but his advantage is when he takes over cities, there is no revolt. Or maybe he has less strength, but eliminates 1 unhappiness per city, or so.

There is currently a "Second UU" mod in development (I think it's done, actually). I was thinking of making a version of the Canada mod for that. If I do, I will use the Mountie.

Why were Edmonton and Calgary switched? Just cause calgary has some 20000-30000 more people, dosent mean that it should be above Edmonton in the list. Edmonton is the capital of Alberta, and if you included all the surrounding areas of Edmonton (Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Spruce Grove, etc.) Edmonton dwarfs the population of Calgary and its surrounding regions (it dosent have nearly as many surrounding towns as Edmonton). Edmonton should have been left above Calgary on the list and I hope that you can consider this.

Plus, we have the largest mall in the world :cool: lol

babaganoosh said:
Why were Edmonton and Calgary switched? Just cause calgary has some 20000-30000 more people, dosent mean that it should be above Edmonton in the list. Edmonton is the capital of Alberta, and if you included all the surrounding areas of Edmonton (Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Spruce Grove, etc.) Edmonton dwarfs the population of Calgary and its surrounding regions (it dosent have nearly as many surrounding towns as Edmonton). Edmonton should have been left above Calgary on the list and I hope that you can consider this.

Plus, we have the largest mall in the world :cool: lol

I know. I live in Edmonton. :)

But for the record, Calgary does have a larger population than Edmonton, in both city and metro.

I did have Edmonton first but one community member who provided a lot of input when I was developing the mod asked for the switch based on city pop, so I said sure.

It's really not a big deal. In almost any civ game you'll get to both of them.

Additionally, Calgary has the second most corporate headquarters in Canada, and a better hockey team :p

And the only reason Edmonton is the capital is because the decision was given to an Alberta Senator from Edmonton. ;)

IsleGuy57 said:
Hi, I've just loaded the mod and the flag shows white. Has there been any resolution to this issue? I've installed the mod to the "Custom Assets" folder and the mod seems to work fine except for the flag.

It has to do with the way the alpha channel is saved. Try downloading a fix that a user came up with here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=138477&page=15

Look at post #290

Pounder said:
The upcoming expansion pack will have a unique building for each civ, I would guess along with some attribute(s).

Any thoughts on a unique building for Canada, I would guess maybe a Hockey Arena with a happiness attribute.

Any other thoughts.

That was my thought. But I was thinking more along the lines of an NHL Franchise (as a building). It would cost $$$ but provide :) and Culture.

Tim Horton's for UB!

Or Perhaps Hudsons Bay Company?

+1 unhealthiness
+1 gold
Provides Timbits resource (+1 happiness)

:p

Anyone Interested In my Sound Pack for Canada?

It has Select/order wave files for the workers (with Attitude)

Such as... Order recieved..."I'll Get the Duct Tape"
Worker selected... "eh?"
order recieved... "Would you mind getting me a doughnut while I do this?"

Etc.

Plus Diplomacy music.

And any work he did do would fall apart as soon as someone tried to use it. ;)

purplexus said:

Worker selected... "eh?"

Etc.

Plus Diplomacy music.

:lol: Good stuff :goodjob:

purplexus said:

Worker selected... "eh?"

Etc.

Plus Diplomacy music.

You can email it to me, if you like. Sounds cool.

Okay I suggested a sound pack for Canada Civ.
Although It is working.... What I have isn't up to snuff for my liking.
my workers sound much to .... shall I say like unionized workers!

Would you please e-mail me any suggestions for Selection (need 10)
and for what the unit says once ordered to do something (need 10)

As well we can have up 14 diplomacy musics playing in the backgroung during diplomacy talks ( although at this moment the Vanilla only has 3 per civ)

These musics are (AT PEACE(7) and AT WAR(7) 1 each for the following ...Ancient, Classical, Medieval, Rennaisance, Industrial, Modern, and Future)

Also Wyz do you mind that this post took place here? If so I'll move it to another thread. Although It would be nice if I could just add to your already wonderfully created Civ.

Top Bottom