Canada Mod - Deluxe Edition

purplexus said:
Also Wyz do you mind that this post took place here? If so I'll move it to another thread. Although It would be nice if I could just add to your already wonderfully created Civ.

I think it's great - I hope you get lots of feedback. Once you're happy with it, it'll get put into the Canada mod...and something else. :)

If you're looking for some music pieces, see if you can get any Glenn Gould tunes, or something more Canada-folksy.

I strongly suggest checking out the soundtrack from the "Over Canada" DVD. I have the CD and I can rip you some samples if need be.

Corvex said:
Some of that kind of uniquely Canadian "Franco-celtic" Quebecois folk music could be interesting.

Exactly what I had in mind!

On the aforementioned soundtrack, there is a tune called "Pot Pourri" that would be perfect. Let me know if you want to give it a listen and see if we're on the same page.

I gotta give this a try. :goodjob:

But I have to ask one question, and please forgive me for not slogging through >10 pages of posts for the answer:

What's the difference between a "Custom Asset" versus a "Stand-Alone Mod"?

Sisiutil said:
I gotta give this a try. :goodjob:

But I have to ask one question, and please forgive me for not slogging through >10 pages of posts for the answer:

What's the difference between a "Custom Asset" versus a "Stand-Alone Mod"?

In your 'My Documents' folder you have a path as follows:

My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Custom Assets

Installing the mod there will override your normal game assets (where applicable) and will add Canada to the standard game.

In your 'Program Files' folder you have a path as follows:

Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Mods

Installing the mod there (as per the instructions) will create a mod that has to be loaded from within the game by selected 'Advanced' and 'Load a mod'.

Using this method, the standard game stays the same, but loading the Canada Mod will add Canada to the list of playable civs.

Firaxis made some changes with a patch that makes the second option a much better one.

Was Hoping some of you would have some suggestions about the Selection/order wave files already.

Selection is what the unit says when you click on it
Order is what the unit says when you give it an order.

One of my favourites is an Order ..."I'll get the Duct tape" (ya know like a Red Green influence.)

Another Must have is a selection... "EH?" (I know we don't really say that but the rest of the world thinks we do. :) "

HELP ME OUT!
and I'll make them.

Wyz_sub10 said:
Exactly what I had in mind!

On the aforementioned soundtrack, there is a tune called "Pot Pourri" that would be perfect. Let me know if you want to give it a listen and see if we're on the same page.

Who is the song done by... I'll give it a listen. (never mind I found it ...Barachois)

By the way... I would prefer songs without lyrics so I may cut parts of the mp3 apart and try and make it as smooth on a loop as possible.

The current music I have now is actually the theme to W5... anyone familiar with this?
You may recognize the music as "Fools Overture" by Supertramp. It even has a war time speach in it performed by churchill. (my favourite part)

I will agree, the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is a great song, the only problem is, is that it is about an American boat. You should get some Guess Who, BTO, Rush or Steppenwolfe in there. Just stay away from anything new, errr and Lover Boy.

Actually, I think Edmund Fitzgerald (the music, without the lyrics), would, from a purely aesthetic viewpoint, be excellent music for dealing with the Canadians on the diplomacy screen.

Any thoughts of some stuff from "Delerium" ...(Vancouver) This I know for sure is Canadian.. Anyone really knowing this band could say they have a song for every Era. Right from Tribal to Gregorian chant through to the Future.

For the Diplo screen (which I would integrate into Civ gold near immediately) I think something "bouncy" would work best. Although I do like "Wreck" for other areas.

Hmmm...I'm trying to think of something culturally "strong" for that - I keep coming back to Celtic-French mix, and I think some non-vocal parts of
"Pot Pourri" would still work.

Enigma, though, is great - I would love a non-vocal (well...portion with the native refrain) clip from "Return to Innocence."

Corvex said:
Actually, I think Edmund Fitzgerald (the music, without the lyrics), would, from a purely aesthetic viewpoint, be excellent music for dealing with the Canadians on the diplomacy screen.

Hard time trying to find a part of the song where Lightfoot isn't singing long enough to cut it and have it looping over and over.

merchantoftolbi said:
When I try to open the file, it says the Zipped folder is either invalid or corrupted. How do I remedy this?

For some reason, the server truncates the file from time to time, so the file becomes corrupt. I'll look into it tonight. Try downloading again Monday and if you still get a problem, email me.

Oh noes! 1.61 borked the Canada civ :( just as I was about to get into a world war too! (persia's going down!)

Pvtbones is having the same issues as me. The new patch has screwed the mod up a bit. One of the errors I get now is:

XML error
Tag:Tech_Communism in Info class was incorrect. Current XML File is :Units/Civ4UnitsInfos.xml

I hope this can be fixed easily and quickly, I was having fun getting the Americans to beg for resources.

Wu Wu Canada as a playable nation! Pass the Molson eh...

Civ specialty: dodging all major conflicts, and using our powerful neighbor as a shield.

Civ unique Unit: angry hockey fan

I love Canada

Top Bottom