Canada Mod - Deluxe Edition

Williamub said:
Pvtbones is having the same issues as me. The new patch has screwed the mod up a bit. One of the errors I get now is:

XML error
Tag:Tech_Communism in Info class was incorrect. Current XML File is :Units/Civ4UnitsInfos.xml

I hope this can be fixed easily and quickly, I was having fun getting the Americans to beg for resources.

I just downloaded this mod - unfortunately just after patching. I get the same problems. I'm looking forward to playing this - I hope it can gain compatiblility soon.

Wyz_sub10 said:
Okay, back from my mini vacation. I have a few mods to update for 1.61, but I'll try to get this one done by Wednesday.

Thanks for the support.

Canada's Soundpack Completed and submitted to Wyz

Tracks Include...
Diplomacy for
Ancient Peace and for Ancient War
Classical Peace and for Classical War
Medieval Peace and for Medieval War
Renaissance Peace and for Renaissance War
Industrial Peace and for Industrial War
Modern Peace and for Modern War
Future Peace and for Future War.
Wave files for...
Unit selection (10 Uniquely Canadian Phrases) click a worker I dare ya!
Unit Order (10 Uniquely Canadian Phrases) Tell them what to do or do you dare?

Now up to Wyz to add to the Mod.

Thanks to all who had suggestions for the music and for the phrases.

SuperBeaverInc. said:
How exactly would you have a sniper unit work?

And also. UUs should be from a time when the civ was in it's Golden Age. The closest thing Canada has had to a Golden Age would probably be in the World War period. The Canadian Corps was quite instrumental in establishing Canada as more than just a British colony. A Corvette UU could certainly work, but Canada was known much more for its exploits on land during the wars.
Canada is in a Golden age right now. We are the most respected nation on earth. We are the most prosperous nation on the earth. Everybody loves Canada. And we just finished kicking the liberals out of office what could be more Golden than that?

Zeusius said:
Wu Wu Canada as a playable nation! Pass the Molson eh...

Civ specialty: dodging all major conflicts, and using our powerful neighbor as a shield.

Civ unique Unit: angry hockey fan

I love Canada

Best suggestion for UU yet. lol

A variation on that theme: I think I'd go for "Hockey Goon" as the UU.

Replaces Infantry; has a +20% strength bonus on ice; but after every successful attack, must spend five turns on the nearest fortified tile (closest thing in the game to a "penalty box").

Steve3000 said:
Canada is in a Golden age right now. We are the most respected nation on earth. We are the most prosperous nation on the earth. Everybody loves Canada. And we just finished kicking the liberals out of office what could be more Golden than that?

Yet we are stuck with the tories. The liberals will regain power next election.

And worse of all, most third world citizens wouldn't know the difference between the USA and Canada, the rest don't care about them (the differences).

Tories...Liberals...they campaign differently but they run the country in much the same way: the only reason there are two parties is so that we can throw one out when the other becomes too corrupt.
Sorry for the cynicism.

sweet coz whenever i play i had to do costum civ and rename all me cities but now this is awesome thx alot Wyz sub10

purplexus said:
When is the new update coming out wyz?

I am anxious to see and HEAR it :p

I have everything set up - I've checked and re-checked the XML files, sound file locations, etc.

I simply cannot get the sound to work. For the diplomacy, I get nothing at all. For units I get the following message:

Illegal index (-1) used in
SoundIsDynamicRes() of FAudioManager

I have no idea what this is referring to.

Can I email you my sound XMLs to double check?

I can't remember if somebody put a plug in for a possible Canadian template or not so here it is.

CANADA

Leader: Pierre Trudeau

Capital: Ottawa (please note the spelling!)

Flag: (google it)

Great Artists:
Painters: The Group of Seven, Emily Carr, Cornelius Krieghoff, Jean-Paul Riopelle, Yousouf Karsh (photographer)
Writers: Margaret Attwood, Lucy Maud Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables), Mordecai Richler, Leonard Cohen, Robertson Davies
Musicians: Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Gordon Lightfoot, Céline Dion, Shania Twain, Glenn Gould, Jon Vickers, Sarah McLaughlan
Architects: Frank Gehry, Douglas Cardinal, Moshe Safdie
Film: William Shatner,Mary Pickford, Pamela Anderson, Dan Ackroyd, John Candy, Jim Carrey, Michael J. Fox, Mack Sennett (Keystone Cops), Christopher Plummer, Donald & Kiefer Sutherland, Norman Jewison, David Cronenberg
Dancers: Karen Kain

Great Scientists: Alexander Graham Bell (Telephone among other inventions, Frederick Banting (Discoverer of Insulin), Wilder Penfield (Pioneered Brain Surgery), John Polanyi (Nobel Prize for Chemistry), David Suzuki (Geneticist, Environmentalist and Broadcaster), Marshall McLuhan (Mass-Media Theorist), Sir William Osler (Arguably most famous physician of 19th Century), Dr. Norman Bethune (invented the Blood Transfusion while fighting with Mao in China), Reginald Fessenden (First Radio Broadcast

Great Merchants: Samuel de Champlain (Founder of French American), La Salle, Joliet, Radisson, La Vérendrye and other French Explorers, David Thomson, Samuel Hearne, Alexander Mackenzie and later British explorers, Sir Cornelius van Horne (Builder of the Canadian Pacific Railway), Sir William McGillivray (Pioneering financier of the Northwest Fur Trading Company), Sir Timothy Eaton (Retailer and inventor of Catalogue marketing), Conrad Black (disgraced former media magnate), The Hudson's Bay Company (the World's oldest and first Corporation), John Molson (Beer), Sir Samuel Cunard (Founder of the Cunard Lines of "Titanic" fame), Max "Lord Beaverbrook" Aitken (Press Baron and British Cabinet minister under Churchill), Jack Warner (Warner Bros.)

Great Engineers: Sir Sandford Fleming (Inventor of Standardized Time Zones), Elijah McCoy (The "Real McCoy" steam process), Joseph-Armand Bombardier (Snowmobile and transportation inventor), Fessenden fits here too, also, the guy who invented the Blackberry

Great Prophets: Tecumseh, Father Jean de Brébeuf, Louis Riel, Grey Owl, Marguerite Bougeoys (1st Canadian Saint), Mary Maxwell (Bahai faith), Réné Lesvesque (modern father of Québec seperatism), Leonard Cohen (Poet, Musician, and Buddhist), Terry Fox (One-legged Cancer victim ran across Canada and inspired world), Brother André (Mystic and builder of the Oratoire St Joseph in Montreal),

Great Warriors: Marquis de Montcalm (French and Indian War), Sir James Wolfe (Conqueror of Québec), Sir Guy Carleton (defender of Canada during American Revolution), Joseph Brant (Mohawk leader during Revolutionary War), Sir Isaac Brock (War of 1812), Tecumseh, Sir Arthur Currie (WWI Commander of Canadian Corps responsible of victory at Vimy Ridge against Germans), Andrew MacNaughton (WWII Canadian Commander), Laura Secord (famously warned the british of an impending american attack and now has a bunch of chocolate shops named after her), Billy Bishop (Greatest Ace Pilot of WWI), Sir William Stephenson (Head of British Intelligence during WWII, and model for James Bond), Sam Steele (Archetypical Mountie and Soldier in the Boer War and WWI)

Unique unit:
Mountie (with some sort of bonus against barbarians or guerillas)
Peacekeeper (Invented by Canadian Lester Pearson)

Cities:

Québec
Montréal
Trois-Rivières
Beauséjour
Louisbourg
Kingston
St.John's
York Factory
Gaspé
Niagara Falls
Halifax
Toronto
Annapolis Royal
Saint John
Chateauguay
Cornwall
Brockville
Chambly
Ottawa
Hamilton
Sault Ste. Marie
Charlottetown
Victoria
Vancouver
Moncton
Fredricton
Fort William
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Selkirk
Regina
Calgary
London
Brantford
Windsor
Saskatoon
Kitchener
Waterloo
Burlington
Guelph
Prince Albert
Moose Jaw
Banff
Jasper
Welland
Oakville
Wolfville
Hull
Peterborough
Orillia
Oshawa
Medicine Hat
Lethbridge
Mississauga
St. Thomas
Prince Rupert
Prince George
Kelowna
Brandon
Kamloops
St. Catherine's
Castlegar
Red Deer
Gander
Chicoutimi
Jonquière
Sept-Îles
Baie-Comeau
Rimouski
Abbotsford
Nanaimo
Dawson City
Thunder Bay
Sudbury
Churchill
Timmins
Inuvik
Moosonee
Haida Gwaii
Iqaluit
Revelstoke
Coquitlam
Chilliwack
Nelson
Grande Prairie
Fort McMurray
Corner Brook
Summerside
Glace Bay
Dawson Creek
Fort St. John
Truro
Happy Valley/Goose Bay
Flin Flon
The Pas
Yellowknife
Whitehorse
Uranium City

I haven't even got CIV IV yet since it hasn't come out for MAC yet. Would love to have some other CIVs to play with when I finally get my hands on it! Keep up the good work!

Corvex said:
Tories...Liberals...they campaign differently but they run the country in much the same way: the only reason there are two parties is so that we can throw one out when the other becomes too corrupt.
Sorry for the cynicism.

No need to be sorry. The worse part is everybody is happy with the conservatives for all the 'good things they are doing', yet NOTHING has changed yet. They propose laws, make plans for them, but they didn't install them yet...

And he talks about a responsible goverment! Yet he installs an un-elected senator (wait, or was it minister...?) and puts an elected liberal deputy in his cabinet!

I mean, I'd love to help progress and all, but with those two i have no choice but to 'boycott' the federal by voting Bloc.

Also, cGillivray, you put my city in that list though it doesn't exist anymore! ;)
(fusions forcées)

purplexus said:
When is the new update coming out wyz?

I am anxious to see and HEAR it :p

It's finally finished and ready for download!

purplexus did all the work, but I screwed it up initially. It's ready for download as an add-on (approx. 14 megabytes).

Top Bottom