Canada Mod - Deluxe Edition

Why do you have the modern Canadian flag if you are going to use the WWI and WWII military? Why not use the flag of Canada at that time? We only the the Maple Leaf since 1965. Here is a very good reference for flags of Canada http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Canada#Alternative_flags ;)

I used the modern flag because the Maple Leaf is the best known Canadian symbol. This is consistent with Firaxis' choice of the star for the US, Fleur de lis for France, etc. BTW, I'm Canadian and work on the HistoriCanada project, just so you know that I do my homework. ;)

I love the mod as well... Good Job! But if you can, plz put Quebec City as the top 5.... Quebec City is a very power city. St. John's is the first city in Canada as well. I am from Newfoundland and I love our heritage. These are just minor suggestions.

Glad you like the mod. I started with Ottawa and proceeded in order of population, then by regional representation. I wanted to avoid any political issues. Plus, if I went by age then the West would be woefully under-represented. In other words, I took the safe route.

The RCMP is an old military establishment brought up by Sir John Alexander MacDonald to keep Prince Rupert's in order and lawful. They are like our version of National Guard or Territorial Army. :)

Like I said, I am Canadian. :) That's why the wonders include Hockey Night in Canada.

You're Canadian?

Did you record those select/order sounds?

Can you do a non-jokey version (using the words that the American sounds use), but of course, with a pronounced Canadian accent?

Download the Canada mod for BTS. There is a folder for King (just like in the Warlords mod). You'll need to copy all the artwork, plus the ArtDefines XML file from the BtS version to the Warlords version. Do NOT copy the remaining XML files because the layout of the Leaderheads.xml is different.

Open UnitInfos.xml, look for <Type>UNIT_CANADA_MOUNTIE</Type> and find this line:

and change it to:

That will give them a 10% bonus when defending from within a city.

Hello, I tried to open it and change it but it opens it in Internet Explorer and I cannot change anything. Should I open it in Wordpad? I apologize for my ignorance:)

Also, can the leader traits also be changed?

You're Canadian?

Can you do a non-jokey version (using the words that the American sounds use), but of course, with a pronounced Canadian accent?
Why you surprised? Canadian Mod and lots of Canadian stuff, not many Americans know allot bout us. We know more bout the world that the USA will know bout their northern friends.

Canadian accent? what do you mean bout that? We have many, I am from the east coast. We sound different that of Quebec. Ontario sounds different that of the Eastern Provinces, Quebec and the Territories and westward. Manitoba, Saskatchewan Alberta and British Columbia(aka B.C.) all sound a bit different.

I don't mean to be a jerk bud, but you much understand that you need to be more educated. As well as all Americans who don't understand our world.

Note to teh mod creator: I find this mod very well done and yes, the Maple Leaf is mostly understood and recognized round the world, but The WW1 and WW2 Canadian flag was our war time flag. I personally think you should add it, but it is your mod bud.

Well, what do Americans usually recognize as a Canadian accent?

You're Canadian?

No, the sounds were recorded by Purplexus and given to me as an add-on (initially). We talked about them on a few occassions because the community seemed divided on whether they liked the humour in the sounds.

I need to revisit a few things in the mod. I can look into the sounds as well.

How about an add-on. Just take away the jokey sounds, and add the add-on sounds.

Spent 2 weeks asking the community about the Select / order sayings.

Those are the communities ideas.

Majority rules.

I created a HOW TO: in order to create your own soundpack. My work is done. I am going to continue playing civ now instead of modding it.

Spent 2 weeks asking the community about the Select / order sayings.

Those are the communities ideas.

Majority rules.

I created a HOW TO: in order to create your own soundpack. My work is done. I am going to continue playing civ now instead of modding it.

If modding proves anything is that you can't please everyone...and it's the ones you don't please that talk the most! ;)

I, for one, appreciate the lightheartedness of it. It's not like Firaxis didn't go the jokey route with quotes, like Caesar offering you a salad.

If modding proves anything it's that you can't please everyone...and it's the ones you don't please that talk the most! ;)

I, for one, appreciate the lightheartedness of it. It's not like Firaxis didn't go the jokey route with quotes, like Caesar offering you a salad.

However, there are some requests I agree with. :agree: WarriorsTale's is right in that the realism of the mod could be improved with other banners.

Option 1
Would it be possible to use the French Regime Flags (circa 1534), Frobisher's Exhibition Flag (circa 1577), the Royal Union Flag (circa 1801), the Canadian Red Ensign (1867-1957),and finally the Maple Leaf (1965-present) for the same historical time periods in the game? There are other choices for pre-1534 such as a flag with a yellow parchment background and either a green maple leaf or a brown beaver (or perhaps both).
Canadian Heritage government webpage:
http://www.pch.gc.ca/pgm/ceem-cced/post_flgs-eng.cfm

Option 2
Use the flag that is associated with each particular leader's historical time period.
MacDonald and King = Canadian Red Ensign
Pearson and Trudeau = the Maple Leaf
Jean = the Flag of the Governor-General http://www.gg.ca/heraldry/emb/index_e.asp

:confused: Is it possible to incorporate one of these solutions -or a similar one - into a mod?

The Canada Mod is awesome. I have a quick quick question. Is it possible to play the Earth18 map, and on the North American continent, have the Aztecs, the Americans and the Canadians? Also, is it possible to change the leader traits?

The Canada Mod is awesome. I have a quick quick question. Is it possible to play the Earth18 map, and on the North American continent, have the Aztecs, the Americans and the Canadians?

Thanks! I can't comment on the Earth18 map as I've never played it. Is it a user-map scenario or just a map? If it's the latter, then yes.

Also, is it possible to change the leader traits?

Open the XXX_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml file for the leader you want to edit. Find TRAIT_SPIRITUAL (or whatever) and change it to the trait you'd like.

These files are found within the Canada/Assets/Modules folders. Find the folder for the leader you want to change.

Thanks! I can't comment on the Earth18 map as I've never played it. Is it a user-map scenario or just a map? If it's the latter, then yes.

Open the XXX_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml file for the leader you want to edit. Find TRAIT_SPIRITUAL (or whatever) and change it to the trait you'd like.

These files are found within the Canada/Assets/Modules folders. Find the folder for the leader you want to change.

Thanks for the info. What should I use to open the XML file? Just note pad? I tried in once but it would save or something. I don't remember, but I know I had problems modifying it.

Thanks again.

EDIT: So I made the change but it cannot save it. I opened it in Notepad, modified it and when I go to save it, it says it cannot create the XML file and that I need to make sure the path and file name are correct. I am using VISTA.

Top Bottom