Canada Mod - Deluxe Edition

Is there a way to get the Canada Mod to work on mac?
Can't wait to play as Trudeau!

looking through this thread is see that it may be text problems in the .xml files?

(I'm playing the vanilla CivIV with up-to-date patches.)
Has anyone been able to figure out these text problems and run the mod?

is there a way to put Canada into the regular game - so that it isn't a mod but another choice of starting civs?

Why you surprised? Canadian Mod and lots of Canadian stuff, not many Americans know allot bout us. We know more bout the world that the USA will know bout their northern friends.

Canadian accent? what do you mean bout that? We have many, I am from the east coast. We sound different that of Quebec. Ontario sounds different that of the Eastern Provinces, Quebec and the Territories and westward. Manitoba, Saskatchewan Alberta and British Columbia(aka B.C.) all sound a bit different.

I don't mean to be a jerk bud, but you much understand that you need to be more educated. As well as all Americans who don't understand our world.

Note to teh mod creator: I find this mod very well done and yes, the Maple Leaf is mostly understood and recognized round the world, but The WW1 and WW2 Canadian flag was our war time flag. I personally think you should add it, but it is your mod bud.

Wow, do you really want to trash your southern neighbors in that way?
not many Americans know allot bout us. We know more bout the world that the USA will know bout their northern friends.
With your obvious mastery of the written word?
but you much understand that you need to be more educated.
I know we are basically an uneducated lot of hicks responsible for, in part, your freedoms, most of Europe's freedoms and many many many other countries freedoms, well hell, a lot of the world's freedoms, but are we that bad or dumb?

We don't need to understand your 'world' because it is based on ours. Do you think that because you enjoy our freedoms without our ever increasing lack of same that for some reason you are here because you started it? Do you think that when we lose our freedoms because of liberal attitudes like yours, your country will escape that black hole and remain autonomous?

We know more bout the world that the USA will know
really? That is an empirical statement. Are you an emperor?

Cheers,
ABC

I apologize for that, I took umbrage. I don't apologize for my sentiments, I apologize for the fact that this was not the forum for this.

Thank you very much for this great mod! I hope you make someday a sweden-mod like this.

There is a Swedish mod within my other mod - CIV Gold. Someone may have stripped out a standalone version someone in these forums.

Chocobo7 said:
As a Canadian I am so glad you made this mod and I am very thankful. Well done.

Thanks!! I haven't updated it in a while, but I should. Maybe I'll get some time in late December or the early new year.

Update? Definitely! We need a new MacDonald!

Looks like good work - I like playing as Canada (using Russia!), look forward to playing it tonight. :)

My thought would be that the best Unique Building for Canada would be an upgraded market, to reflect the colonisation of Canada through the French & Hudson Bay Company's trading forts... so maybe a market with more money/happiness for fur & whale, and a 10% pre-gunpowder defensive bonus? Just a suggestion though! Will look forward learning how to mod so I can make it happen.

Wyz, is this 3.19 compatible? I had this for 3.13, but haven't played in a long time and wanted to update. Great mod.

Wyz, is this 3.19 compatible? I had this for 3.13, but haven't played in a long time and wanted to update. Great mod.
I was playing it with my 3.19 install the other day and it worked fine. Works fine with BUG, too. :goodjob:

Just downloaded the Canada mod, and it's terrific. As a Yank with New Zealand roots (married and had my first kid there) who has collected Canadian postage stamps for 35 years, I know enough about Canada and its history to be at least dangerous. I read the entire thread and even got most of the jokes.

I'm playing Canada at the Settler level to learn the game (just got that too), and it's addictive. I recommend to folks here that they read the works of the late Pierre Berton or the very living Mark Zuehlke for more on Canadian history in general and military history in particular.

You won't see much of me, because I have a full-time family, a full-time job, and a busy writing career, but I just wanted to say hello, thanks for the mod and the material, and best Holiday wishes to all.

Don't forget the batteries. :)

Yar, unique building should be sugar shack (or syrup shack). Replaces granary, and provides 2+ happiness.

Or wheat pool, stores 70% after growth instead of 50%. Microwave tower is really good though.

Yar, unique building should be sugar shack (or syrup shack). Replaces granary, and provides 2+ happiness.
... and -1 health from tooth decay... :lol:

Top Bottom