Canada Mod - Deluxe Edition

yes it is there

slaxton said:
first off, i have yet to give it a try but i love the concept of your mod and all the things youve done with it so far. thanks :)

now, id like to comment on the trans canada highway you suggested as a wonder.... i dont really know how well this will work, because the real trans canada goes from coast to coast, continuously throughout the country (would seem kinda stupid on an archipeligo map where youre lucky if you have two cities connected by a road, let alone your whole country).

I was referring to the Trans Canadian Railroad, actually. But your point still stands. A possible result from this wonder would be improved trade/income. It wouldn't create the rail (not sure that's even possible). I can see where there concept would be weird on some maps, though.

i do like the idea of trans-oceanic (cant call it trans-atlantic when the maps are randomly generated) communications as a wonder. i also like the CN tower (although you should add an additional technology in for it, microwave communications, a precursor to radar or something, that allows you to build a mircowave tower in your cities (that replaces existing radio towers, and gives a slight improvement over them, i dont recall what they do exactly or id give an example).

:goodjob: cool idea.

and then theres the nhl. its been kicked around a little as an idea for a wonder, but every seems to think that a collosseum in every city is a bit of a large bonus.... well me question is this: when would the nhl become available? sometime after refridgeration for sure, which if im not mistake is almost 3/4ths of the way into the game, when i typically have a collosseum built in atleast 80% of my cities, so the bonus wouldnt actually be that big on average.

Very true.

and lastly Wyz_sub10, if you need a reskinner for any units or buildings or anything, my brother would be happy to help, hes been reskinning models for other games for years now and hes gotten really good at it. heck, if you know what program id need to use and how to access the existing models, i could even make you custom models to go with those skins :)

let me know if youre interested (this site allows you to email other users right? or was that a different one?)

Oh yeah, big time interested. I'll PM you with some info. Thanks!

colonel_angus said:
Yeah, same problem as Dusty......just getting a white flag, and yes the .dds file is in the correct directory.

Angus

First of all, :goodjob: on the username.

Okay...there is a tag in the art XML file that goes between '1' and '0'. 1 means that a white background is used while 0 is for no background. The .dds overlays on this background.

It seems you have the right XML files, seeing as you are getting the white background and all. What isn't working is the dds file overlaying. That's why I asked if you had it in the right place.

I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll try and replicate the error by removing the dds file, then putting it back.

It may be that when you put it in for the first time you might have to do a cache clear. I don't know. It was one of those things that worked for me so I didn't have to troubleshoot.

Let me try to replicate the problem later. In the meantime, try clearing the cache and reapplying the mod to CustomAssets, start over and see if you still have the problem.

ETA: Just to add...the fact that some people are having this problem while others aren't leads me to believe that the issue isn't with the files but with the way the game applies them.

It's like running mods from the Firaxis mod directory - some people have problems, others don't. For me, I couldn't get the damn thing to load until I cleared the cache. Very sloppy.

where's everyone's favourite PM?

Paul Martin: Dispirited (-10% culture production in all cities), Desperate (-50% tax revenues, +0 happiness in all cities)

UU: actors (replaces missionary) that has the same stats, but 20% cheaper to build (due to a cheaper dollar.)

"Special" Wonder: Parliament Hill (anarchy last 10 turns, changes are promised, but never occur)

I finally had a chance to get some Canada Corps into actioin in my last game. They are really good and I enjoy how they keep march when upgraded to Mech infantry. The thing that I really thought was wierd is how far apart they stand from each other, Most other units stay tight. Is there some reason for this or did it just happened to occur. Awesome mod wyz, keep up the great work, and Sir John A. for the win!

Tried to load up my savegame of the Canada Mod today...and got a CTD. Now, none of my savegames load....so not sure what is wrong on my end. Can start a new game no problem though.

Angus

Oh, and still no Canada flag :(

colonel_angus said:
Tried to load up my savegame of the Canada Mod today...and got a CTD. Now, none of my savegames load....so not sure what is wrong on my end. Can start a new game no problem though.

Angus

Oh, and still no Canada flag :(

Did you use the Mod directory from c:\Program Files\Firaxis|Civ4\Mods or C:\My Documents\My Games\Civ4\Mods?

There is a known issue with the latter directory that causes this very problem. It might also be why the flag isn't showing correctly.

this being my 1st mod, i know i installed it wrong, i put it in the assets folder and overwrote files :| woops. gonna do a fresh install, update to new Nvidia drivers and try again.

also i wanted to add, that the AI will randomly pick canada aswel. which is cool, they come out pretty strong, but not unbalanced, atleast not on noble. and its nice to ally with someone for once, i have a real peave against allying in civ, always have, maybe thats why noble is the most i can handle. but i feel good about feeding Canada some techs haha... to bad they sell them off so quick

me neither, last time i installed it i put it in the assets folder, overwriting files, this time after a new install of civ, i put it in custom assets and it doesnt work, i tried it in mods too but no go there either

duh... cleared cache, works now... still no flag tho
and is there a way to make it work with the realism mod? i know thats been asked before

1c0n said:
duh... cleared cache, works now... still no flag tho
and is there a way to make it work with the realism mod? i know thats been asked before

The flag thing is a bit of a mystery but I'll jeep looking into it.

To work with the realism mod the XML files common to the two need to be merged. This is not necessarily difficult but tedious. Maybe when both mods are in a final format I can look at combining the two.

ThugLife76 said:
I don't have an My Games\name\Application Data\Civ4\cache file.

It should be:

C:\Documents and Settings\"your name"\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\cache

Delete the files in this folder (and only this folder) to clear the cache.

If you install this mod to CustomAssets at this location:

C:\Documents and Settings\"your name"\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets

...it should work without having to clear the cache file.

Note the difference in the two paths above.

Wyz_sub10 said:
It should be:

C:\Documents and Settings\"your name"\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\cache

Delete the files in this folder (and only this folder) to clear the cache.

If you install this mod to CustomAssets at this location:

C:\Documents and Settings\"your name"\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets

...it should work without having to clear the cache file.

Note the difference in the two paths above.

I followed exactly what u said and there is no C:\Documents and Settings\"your name"\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\cache. Sorry if i'm bugging u.

ThugLife76 said:
I followed exactly what u said and there is no C:\Documents and Settings\"your name"\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\cache. Sorry if i'm bugging u.

the Application Data folder is hidden, I believe.. my only thought, is do you have view hidden files and folder option turned on? if so, I'm not sure where else it would be

Yeah, the .rar thing was the problem I guess. Installed it on my laptop and it worked there; tried to redo it on my desktop, but still no flag there. Oh well.

Bruce

ThugLife76 said:

If you want, PM me with the folders you have listed under "Documents and Settings" and I'll try to find the one that should contain it.

But as Tactician Zhao said, it may be hidden. Select the C: drive and select 'Folder Options' under 'Tools' in Windows Explorer. Then selec the 'View' tab and click on the 'Show Hidden Folders' option to ensure that you can see hidden folders.

Either way, though, you should be able to fin Application Data\My Games.

What version of Windows are you running?

Top Bottom