Canada Mod - Deluxe Edition

No no no, these suggestions for adding the NHL are wrong. It shouldn't be added as a National Wonder.

It should be added as a religion! :D

I mean, the Temples themselves could be the arenas. The bring in culture and happiness, so that makes sense. As for the Missionaries, places where you get knowledge and culture, where else would you get that in the NHL religion than watching a good 'ol hockey game at Don Cherry's! Imagine, building little Don Cherrys to run around spreading the NHL religion.

Now THAT would be a great Canadian mod. ;)

I refuse to play a game with Don Cherry in it. :p

i just figure i should let everyone know, my brother has started work on the canadian corps skin... the only setback: his copy of photoshop isnt working right at the moment so he has to reinstall it (and hes lazy...)
although i can say for sure he should have something for us by the end of the weekend at the latest :)

slaxton said:
i just figure i should let everyone know, my brother has started work on the canadian corps skin... the only setback: his copy of photoshop isnt working right at the moment so he has to reinstall it (and hes lazy...)
although i can say for sure he should have something for us by the end of the weekend at the latest :)

:goodjob:

Someone was looking into getting the leaderhead pics to work properly. I'll see where that's at.

The last big "to do" is getting the proper icons (maple leaf in the civpedia rather than the British cross).

Wyz_sub10 said:
:
The last big "to do" is getting the proper icons (maple leaf in the civpedia rather than the British cross).

i could do that one for you myself, probably even tonight. all i have to do is figure out what that icon is called.... i'll go through the art files again and see what i can find

edit:
found it, workin on it now

all set. havent tried it out in game at all, but with luck it will look just as good there :)

edit:
well, ive come to realise that i didnt clean up the ripples in the flag properly, it wouldnt be a hard thing to alter, but seeing as how all of the other civs flag buttons were done on the same background (i checked. sadly a blank wasnt included), it might not be so bad to have it be even more unique.
so yeah, as i said earlier, let me know what you all think, take a look at the bottom of japans civ button and compare it with the one i came up with.

thanks for your input :)

just a line up....don't forget to delete any references to the atlas button
it goes ike this
<button>art/..../canada.dds, art/.../atlassomething.dds,5,7<button>
erase the second part

LAnkou said:
just a line up....don't forget to delete any references to the atlas button
it goes ike this
<button>art/..../canada.dds, art/.../atlassomething.dds,5,7<button>
erase the second part

But isn't there one for the flag (units) and one for the button? Or maybe I put one in the wrong location...?

no the reference to the unit button is in the Civ4Unitinfos.xml file. near the unit art reference.

If you look for the atlas described, it is a panel of button in my example, 5 is the column and 7 is the line, so it will in priority show the button in the atlas.
If you erase the atlas reference, it will show the first reference...

well the other flag buttons are in:
art\interface\buttons\civilizations

i havent checked but there may be a line where it just specifies a file, not a path in the other civs, in what case, what i read on another forum post about putting graphics files in the custom assets folder with the same file tree as it came out of might apply....

edit:
oh, i should point out that the other civilizations flag buttons are just called america.dds, arabia.dds, etc, so if you see that in the xml file, thats probably the line

I've been following this thread closely. I did a little addition for the mod, I converted all 4 PM's picture in a 512x512 dds format and made their buttons. I did not test them, since I do not know how exactly does XML work.

This is my first attempt at making this, so feedback is welcome.

http://www.geocities.com/cybercollector18/Canada_Mod_DDS.zip

Hope it helps! :)
-CC

I added a couple of examples bellow of what I did:

Attachments

• Btn_LH_Trudeau.jpg
    Btn_LH_Trudeau.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 546
  • Btn_LH_Pearson.jpg
    Btn_LH_Pearson.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 555
  • Btn_LH_Macdonald.jpg
    Btn_LH_Macdonald.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 538
  • Btn_LH_Mackenzieking.jpg
    Btn_LH_Mackenzieking.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 543
  • Trudeau.jpg
    Trudeau.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 380
my brothers been busy for the last few days, so since my success with that button has bolstered my confidence ive started workig on a canadian corps skin. my only problem, what colour should it be? i tried a dark green but its really hard to see any definition with very dark colours

Wyz_sub10,

Check your PM's

Edit: I thought I sent you a PM late last night; but I certainly have now.

what about Confederation Bridge, connecting New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island together for a wonder

The extremely impressive Confederation Bridge which links Prince Edward Island to New Brunswick on the mainland of Canada opened in the spring of 1997. It is a concrete bridge and is traffic using it is subject to a toll. It carries the Trans-Canada Highway, Highway 1.

Top Bottom