Canada troops battle 10-ft Afghan marijuana plants

CruddyLeper

Unworshipped Deity
http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/ne...49486_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-CANADA-MARIJUANA-COL.XML

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canadian troops fighting Taliban militants in Afghanistan have stumbled across an unexpected and potent enemy -- almost impenetrable forests of 10-feet (three meter) high marijuana plants.

General Rick Hillier, chief of the Canadian defense staff, said on Thursday that Taliban fighters were using the forests as cover. In response, the crew of at least one armored car had camouflaged their vehicle with marijuana.

"The challenge is that marijuana plants absorb energy, heat very readily. It's very difficult to penetrate with thermal devices ... and as a result you really have to be careful that the Taliban don't dodge in and out of those marijuana forests," he said in a speech in Ottawa.

"We tried burning them with white phosphorous -- it didn't work. We tried burning them with diesel -- it didn't work. The plants are so full of water right now ... that we simply couldn't burn them," he said.

Even successful incineration had its drawbacks.

"A couple of brown plants on the edges of some of those (forests) did catch on fire. But a section of soldiers that was downwind from that had some ill effects and decided that was probably not the right course of action," Hillier said dryly.

One soldier told him later: "Sir, three years ago before I joined the army, I never thought I'd say 'That damn marijuana'."

Obviously the affected troops must have been from BC. :crazyeye:

someone cant hold their herbs, lol

"sarge, i'm feeling kind of....*giggles*....wait...what?"

I've watched one report from Afganistan. The reporter was reporting from a marijuana farm the troops were burning. Naturally he got high from all that stuff in the air. He was real funny XD

:lol: Patent evidence that marijuana is evil-- it's against us in the war on terror.

What agent orange and napalm aren't working these days? Damn it ;) :)

:lol: The mighty Canadian army stoped in its tracks by some pot plants.:lol:

skadistic said:
:lol: The mighty Canadian army stoped in its tracks by some pot plants.:lol:
Yes, but the upside is that now we have an airborne division.

Taliesin said:
Aye but the question is where do I sign up?

On a side note the Afghani strain of cannabis is its own plant type. Its been growing their for so long it is unique and has its own characteristics.

Taliesin said:
You guys are nuts! :lol:
I can just see the new recruiting message.

Join and really see the world.

And rationing expenses double...

If they harvested it shiped it home and sold in cafe's Canada could afford to equip all its soldiers with not only rifels but ammo too.

I'm just joking.

skadistic said:
Aye but the question is where do I sign up?

On a side note the Afghani strain of cannabis is its own plant type. Its been growing their for so long it is unique and has its own characteristics.

now i want a sample :(

eh, stuff here aint horrible.

Come to think of it, why doesn't the army use tear-gas cylinders filled with concentrated THC on the battlefield? You'd think that would be pretty effective without inflicting any major harm on the enemy.

Taliesin said:
Come to think of it, why doesn't the army use tear-gas cylinders filled with concentrated THC on the battlefield? You'd think that would be pretty effective without inflicting any major harm on the enemy.

because on the weekends the troops would take one to the barracks ;)

plus those "dirty hippies" would join and they arent fit to defend freedom :rolleyes:

:lol: I remember when I was there. The damn things were everywhere. I've got a ton of pics of the stuff. It grew everywhere. I'm not sure if it was planted or if it spread on its own.

Those are good looking plants.

is it illegal for a serviceman to smoke those over there?

during a break of course.

Top Bottom