Canadian Civilization (leader 3d, era specific)

1. The civilopedia might be too long if more is added.. be careful

2. I think the city list might be a little off. I can't imagine that Montreal, Winniped, and Edmonton would be below some of the cities listed. It looks like a foreigner looked at a map and picked all the big dots on the map in random order (no offense).. maybe a Canadian native could look it over to make a better list. And it really should be no longer than 24 cities or so.

3. The backgrounds look kind of shiny.. maybe you could do that one effect in photoshop for the modern backgroudn that makes it wavy like a flying flag. And the books look really shiny too. Maybe you could us an actual photograph?

my 2 cents.

thanx SOG for adding the french in, trust me it makes a difference... it wouldn't be right to treat canadian history just from an english speaking perspective

all the cities in the list are important regionally, if you want to go by population then they would start differently, ie. toronto, montreal, vancouver etc... i can take a look at them.. being a canadian i'm quite satisfied with the cities mentioned... perhaps the order could be adjusted as suggested.. i can take a look at them soon if no one else orders them

ok here's statistics canada on the 30 largest cities

Toronto** (Ontario) 4,682,897
Montreal (Quebec) 3,426,350
Vancouver (British Columbia) 1,986,965
Ottawa–Hull (Ontario–Quebec) 1,063,664
Calgary (Alberta) 951,395
Edmonton (Alberta) 937,845
Quebec (Quebec) 682,757
Winnipeg (Manitoba) 671,274
Hamilton (Ontario) 662,401
London (Ontario) 432,451
Kitchener (Ontario) 414,284
St. Catharines–Niagara (Ontario) 377,009
Halifax (Nova Scotia) 359,183
Victoria (B.C.) 311,902
Windsor (Ontario) 307,877
Oshawa (Ontario) 296,298
Saskatoon (Saskatchewan) 225,927
Regina (Saskatchewan) 192,800
St. John's (Newfoundland Lab.) 172,918
Greater Sudbury (Ontario) 155,601
Chicoutimi–Jonquière (Quebec) 154,938
Sherbrooke (Quebec) 153,811 22 22
Barrie ( Ontario) 148,480
Kelowna (British Columbia) 147,739
Abbotsford ( British Columbia) 147,370
Kingson (Ontario) 146,838
Trois-Rivières (Quebec) 135,507
Saint John (New Brunswick) 122,678
Thunder Bay (Ontario) 121,986
Moncton (New Brunswick) 117,727
Source: Statistics Canada

of course regionally some cities have had a very important historical impact that might not be reflected in current size

more tips for the new arts beside the backgrounds??? some stuffs look like plastic, I have to fix it, found a new flag too. If anyone find on in Internet, post ;) , it must be 400x480 pixels or plus.
about the city list: Jonatas, thanks for the list, I took first list from a Canadian treat, I didn't know if these first list was good or not.

oh i was your list was good... perhaps you can look at the one i just posted from statistics canada and add any large cities you missed... like i said population isn't the only factor.. you have to take into consideration regional importance for a country the size of canada... the canada statistics list is just there for your reference... if you want ill take a look at your list and adjust it..

hold on a sec and ill do it...

ok here comes an adjusted canadian city list... first 30 or so done by population except for Ottawa which is the capital.... then adding smaller regional centres randomly, incorporating civarmy's list... hope i don't offend any canadians... i'm canadian myself.. and i hope it's useful civarmy :)

Ottawa
Toronto
Montreal
Vancouver
Calgary
Edmonton
Quebec city
Winnepeg
Hamilton
London
Kitchener
St Catherines-Niagara
Halifax
Victoria
Windsor
Oshawa
Saskatoon
Regina
St John's
Sudbury
Jonquiere
Sherbrooke
Barrie
Kelowna
Abbotsford
Kingston
Trois Rivieres
Saint John
Thunder Bay
Moncton
Fredericton
Charlottetown
Whitehorse
Guelph
Iqaluit
Medicine Hat
Alert
Prince George
Red Deer
Swift Current
Lethbridge
Summerside
Stratford
Nanaimo
Kincordine
Corner brook
Coquitlam
Gatineau
Kamloops
Gander
Whistler
Brandon

Its not that I thoguht the city list wasn't good, I just thought the city order could be rearranged. The latest city list is very good. Just make Ottowa the capital and capitalize the names and you're set.

Yes, the civilopedia and city list are really good :goodjob: , I love them. For the middle age I had the same idea, maybe a castle in background, they could be a aristocratical room, using clothes of a poet, maybe.
For the ancient one I desagree, in all the eras tha leader is cult, if he dreesed Roman/Greek clothes I think it is a better idea ;) a good classical run could be a good scenario, maybe a temple.

Thanks again guys, you ameasing!

too cool... thanx much for this LH dude :)

anyways... this is what i,ve been using for my civ text and city list...

Civpedia
Code:
#RACE_CANADA
^
^The Canadians are $LINK<industrious and scientific=GCON_Strengths>. They start the game with $LINK<Alphbet=TECH_Alphabet> and $LINK<Masonry=TECH_Masonry>.
^
^The first settlers on Canadian soil are believed to be peoples of Asiatic decent who migrated via the Aleutian land bridge to the continent between 12 and 30 thousand years ago. By 10,000 B.C., several tribes were spread across almost 4,000,000 square miles. An elaborate social system, with economic and military networks would arise by 500 B.C.
^The first European visitors were the Norsemen at the turn of the first millennium, setting camp in modern-day Newfoundland and trading with local native tribes. Canada was not permanently settled until the arrival of the French in the early 16th century. Jacques Cartier's misunderstanding of the native word [kanata], meaning [village] or [settlement], gave rise to the name 'Canada' for the land as a whole. A series of treaties shifted control of the region from the English to the French in 1679, back to England in 1713, to France again in 1748, and finally under British control once more in 1763.
^England's Constitutional Act of 1791 saw the province of Quebec divided into Upper and Lower Canada. After the American Revolution many United Empire Loyalists left the United States and emigrated to Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Quebec. The division into Upper and Lower Canada gave the Loyalists who settled west of the Ottawa River the chance to organize and develop along their own lines.
^ Lord Durham published a report in 1840 that called for the union of the two territories into one. In 1841, the Act of Union created the territory which was given Cartier's term 'Canada'. The treaty of 1842 settled the boundary between the United States and the British territories in the east; and by the treaty of 1846 the 49th parallel was agreed upon as the boundary from the Rocky Mountains to the Pacific. In the east, in 1840, Upper and Lower Canada were reunited as the province of Canada.

#DESC_RACE_CANADA
^
^In 1867 the British North America Act brought together the provinces of Canada, divided into Ontario and Quebec, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, to form the Dominion of Canada. In 1869, having acquired the rights from the Hudson's Bay Company, the Dominion transformed the former Rupert's Land and the area beyond the Rocky Mountains into the North West Territories. In 1870, the old Red River settlement joined the Dominion as the province of Manitoba. In 1871 British Columbia joined the union. In 1873 Prince Edward Island joined Confederation.
^World War I saw the coming of age of Canada as a nation and the disillusionment of a generation concerning Empire and causes. WWI was the most costly conflict that Canada was ever involved with and was mainly fought to support the political aims and ambitions of the British Empire, although Canada's role earned it a seat in the League of Nations. Later, the country's military role in global affairs would be developed through peacekeeping.
^The role of the United Nations supplying forces to keep the peace was first suggested by Canadian Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson, when he was serving at the UN as Canada's representative. This idea has become one of the central fixtures in UN activities throughout the world. Pearson was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for the inspiration and Canada has become the most important and respected player in peacekeeping duties throughout the world.
^As an affluent, high-tech industrial society, Canada today closely resembles the US in its market-oriented economicsystem, pattern of production, and high living standards. Since World War II, the impressive growth of the manufacturing, mining, and service sectors has transformed the nation from a largely rural economy into one primarily industrial and urban. With its great natural resources, skilled labour force, and modern capital plant Canada enjoys solid economic standing as a member of the global "Group of 7", along with the United States, Japan, Germany, Italy,Great Britain and France.

City List
Code:
Ottawa
Calgary
Montréal
Toronto
Vancouver
Halifax
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Québec City
Regina
Sault Ste. Marie
Hamilton
St. Johns
Saskatoon
Victoria
Fredericton
Kitchener
Yellowknife
Charlottetown
Mississauga
Thunder Bay
Sudbury
New Westminster
Revelstoke
Salmon Arm
Lachine
Stewart
Whistler
Anmore
Bamfield
Cassiar
Dawson Creek
Delta
Kelowna
Banff
Drumheller
Barrie
Batchawana Bay
Horseshoe Falls
Cavendish
Montague
Westmount
Big River
Marcelin
Carcross
Dawson City
Watson Lake
Whitehorse
Gjoa Haven
Iqaluit
Pangnirtung
Hay River
Nanaimo
St. Lunaire-Griquet
Innisfail
Red Deer
Collingwood
Medicine Hat
Rivière-du-Loup
Portage la Prairie
Trail
Sydney
Bragg Creek
Okotoks
Diamond City
Seven Sisters
Brewers Mills
Reliance
Labrador City
Chicoutimi-Jonquière
North Battleford

New images here:

Stainz, good city list and civilopedia! Sword, check his civilopedia, if you wish make some additions in your civilopedia and tell me. Jonatas, if you wish change some city position after saw Stainz list, do the alteration and tell me.

thanks for all the support!!!

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
I think Stainz is better than mine. Only thing I'd add is what special units the Canadians get(Mountie, Afro Arrow etc.)

So, I will use his civilopedia. The UU ignores mountain and hills, he walks there as in plains, in Vanilla is not possible activie this power, I must think a power to Vanilla.
i'm exporting these arts, in sunday and monday we can play as (or against) Canada :cool:

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Yay! Is your version of Canada going to be in ACM?

BTW: have you played Far Horizons yet? What do you think?

Of course my American friend, Canada was developed specialy to be added in ACM :cool:
Unfortunally I'm spending too many time doing new civis, I have few free time to play Far Horizons, just played in the day it was launched, but just few rounds. Look the "CivArmy Home Work" :lol: for the next weeks, these lists of future civis (Abyssians, Honk Kong, Pictavia...) never stops to grown :lol: :

Top Bottom