Canals

ambassoon

Chieftain
Has any one ever had this problem? I'll build a fort either in the Suez region if I'm playing a Middle Eastern civilization, or in the Panama region if I'm a New World civ or a European colonizer, and my automated workers will build right over it. I don't like to micromanage my workers, because I think they often build better than I do, and also because I'm pretty lazy. And if I'm not paying attention, and they do build over the canal, I lose several gold per turn, and my stability goes down.

I do notice that there is an option for having automated workers leave old improvements, but if you're playing an older civ that has many towns built around it, and you discover the tech for building waterwheels or windmills, I'd like for the workers to be able to build over them. Or, if a resource becomes obsolete (Fur, Ivory, etc.,) I'd like for the worker to build a farm or something on that. Is there maybe a way to tag a square that will prevent the workers from building over the improvements on that particular square?

And on a related note, the workers will also build over city ruins, and I'd like to keep those for the possible tech bonus event. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Simple--don't automate workers.:lol:

You should build cities like Djanet or on the desert hill at Suez and at Oaxaca or 1 S of the Silver in Meso-America. Cities work as canals too, you know.

It is a good city site if you open the city screen and give them at least one flood-plain and the copper 2S. Niwt-Rst already has enough hammers.

Top Bottom