Cancelled election

NickGabben

Warlord
Hi there, I just got the notification that the Apostolic resolution that I put forward was cancelled:

upload_2019-11-24_9-40-58.png

How did that happen? Is there a way to actively force this?

Did the “infidels” get the AP religion during the turn? Or did they get completely wiped out? (I’m not sure if becoming a vassal of an AP member would cancel the vote.)

Good points, thanks! It seems that the religion spread. No destruction and no vassaling going on.

AP votes get cancelled if they can no longer take place, such as the case of "stop trading with the infidels" (one can only call a stop-trade on non-AP members, and once the AP religion spreads to one of their cities they're considered a partial member even if they're running a different religion). If you ever need to deny a "stop the fighting between our brothers of the faith" resolution but can't afford to defy it, by the way, sign a ceasefire the turn the vote comes up, next turn the resolution will be cancelled (since there's no war to put an end to) and you'll be able to re-DoW since a ceasefire doesn't impose a peace treaty. You'll lose your current war success, get another round of diplo penalties for DoWing and you might end up with your army displaced, but you can resume the war without having to wait out a peace treaty or eating the penalty for defying a resolution.

I had a cancelled election today. Was at war with Mansa. Justinian also had a stack on his way to Mansa. Justinian called a vote for declaring on Mansa (infidel). I took a city and vassaled Mansa. Thank God voting got cancelled or I would had half the world dowing my vassal (and consequently me).

AP votes get cancelled if they can no longer take place, such as the case of "stop trading with the infidels" (one can only call a stop-trade on non-AP members, and once the AP religion spreads to one of their cities they're considered a partial member even if they're running a different religion). If you ever need to deny a "stop the fighting between our brothers of the faith" resolution but can't afford to defy it, by the way, sign a ceasefire the turn the vote comes up, next turn the resolution will be cancelled (since there's no war to put an end to) and you'll be able to re-DoW since a ceasefire doesn't impose a peace treaty. You'll lose your current war success, get another round of diplo penalties for DoWing and you might end up with your army displaced, but you can resume the war without having to wait out a peace treaty or eating the penalty for defying a resolution.

It took me way to long to figure out this trick. The stop war votes don't annoy me as much any more.

Top Bottom