Candy for Israeli soldiers, cancer for Gaza’s civilians

bholed

King
Can Israeli sink any lower?

Things keep getting worse, absolutely disgusting.

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/adri-nieuwhof/candy-israeli-soldiers-cancer-gazas-civilians

Candy for Israeli soldiers, cancer for Gaza’s civilians
Submitted by Adri Nieuwhof on Tue, 07/29/2014 - 13:46
shifahospital.jpg

Staff in al-Shifa Hospital, Gaza City, treat a wounded man; doctors say that some of the injuries they have observed appear to have been caused by DIME bombs. (Ezz Zanoun / APA images)
In an especially grotesque piece of propaganda, an Israeli weapons manufacturer has boasted of distributing candy to soldiers attacking Gaza.

Israel Aerospace Industries, the company in question, is a leading supplier of drones to the Israeli military.

Such drones are, of course, not bringing candy to Palestinians. They are being used to drop weapons which cause horrific injuries.

A new briefing from Al-Haq, a Palestinian human rights group, details how Hellfire rockets connected to drones are firing DIME (dense inert metal explosives) into residential areas of Gaza. Mads Gilbert, a Norwegian doctor working in Gaza City’s al-Shifa Hospital, has spoken of how injuries he has seen in recent weeks appear to have been caused by DIME.

Bodies cut in half

A DIME bomb usually contains a mixture of explosive material, cobalt, nickel, iron and tungsten alloy. The bomb leaves almost no metallic fragments in the human body. The injuries of victims who have been hit by DIME bombs are therefore distinguishable from injuries from traditional, metal-coated weapons. Physicians in the Gaza Strip have observed how entire bodies have been cut in half, bones shattered, and skin, muscle and bones turned into charcoal due to the heavy burns caused by these bombs. Furthermore, DIME bombs have dangerous biological effects on the victims and cause tissue to be torn from flesh. Amputations caused by the bombs are extremely difficult to treat and frequently result in death. Work on treating such injuries has been made all the more difficult by how Israel has attacked more than twenty health facilities.

Palestinians who survive the DIME injuries are at high risk of contracting cancer. Exposure to a mixture of tungsten and cobalt are linked to early signs of lung cancer, according to the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

Criminal

Al-Haq argues that Israel’s use of DIME bombs against the people of Gaza violates international humanitarian law.

A key tenet of international law, the principle of proportionality, prohibits the causing of death and injuries to civilians. More than 80 percent of all Palestinians killed so far have been civilians, according to the Gaza-based Palestinian Center for Human Rights. Children comprise one-fifth of the victims.

In addition, the 1980 convention on chemical weapons prohibits the use of weapons which “cause superfluous injury or excessive suffering.” Israel has signed that convention.

The convention also prohibits the use of any weapon which aims to injure by placing fragments in the human body that escape detection. Al-Haq argues that Israel is using Palestinian civilians in Gaza to test DIME bombs. By doing so, Israel violates the principle of humanity in international law, which requires that all persons be treated humanely in all circumstances.

Conducting experiments on civilians is also recognized as a war crime by the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.

This leads to an inescapable conclusion: Israel must be prosecuted for its cruel and criminal behavior in Gaza.

Electronic intifada? That is a laughable source of information. Talk about a propaganda site.

Bodies cut in half not my cup of tea, but then again there are Israeli's getting there deck chairs out having a laugh at kids getting blown to bits playing football

A horrible image. And google produces a myriad of such photos (i couldn't click on them to view the full pic, but one can already see that the person, often an elementary child, is cut to bits).

Maybe it is time to force the goons in the Israeli government and their blind followers to return to the human race.

A horrible image. And google produces a myriad of such photos (i couldn't click on them to view the full pic, but one can already see that the person, often an elementary child, is cut to bits).

Maybe it is time to force the goons in the Israeli government and their blind followers to return to the human race.

Yeah, destroying synagogues,calling Israel sick terror state, and boycotting Israel will surely make them do that.:mischief:

C'mon now. The Palestinians have rockets that have killed thirty some Israelis over the past decade, so no death is too gruesome for them. Don't you understand the value of an Israeli life compared to other mere humans?

[/sarcasm]

Sorry, but using logic on this issue has gotten me threats in my inbox so I thought I'd try something different.

Yeah, destroying synagogues,calling Israel sick terror state, and boycotting Israel will surely make them do that.:mischief:

Well it is tough to call one names, or boycott his precious products, or damage the walls of some old building in Europe etc, but i have to suppose it is a tad worse to maim children and dot the landscape with their rotting bodies.
But maybe they were human shields. They happened to fall on-top of some of the entries to the mass labyrinthine Pali catacomb system of death.

C'mon now. The Palestinians have rockets that have killed thirty some Israelis over the past decade, so no death is too gruesome for them. Don't you understand the value of an Israeli life compared to other mere humans?

[/sarcasm]

Sorry, but using logic on this issue has gotten me threats in my inbox so I thought I'd try something different.

Aye me to burn in hell and the like, bit touchy these pro- israeli goons

Aye me to burn in hell and the like, bit touchy these pro- israeli goons

Mine was actually a punch in the face, but when I asked if he was near California or willing to travel it did transform more into the burn in hell business.

DIMEs are apparently designed to reduce the blast radius. A good thing for a weapon deployed in a densely-populated civilian area. Now whether weapons should be deployed in such areas...

Is the next thread you have in mind about how we should fire an ICBM at Israel? Once this conflict ends, will you then post links from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion? We get it dude, Israel is wrong.

DIMEs are apparently designed to reduce the blast radius. A good thing for a weapon deployed in a densely-populated civilian area. Now whether weapons should be deployed in such areas...

Well weapons are meant to be lethal, that is their whole point. One that is lethal to the intended target it a good aim, but apparently a crime nonetheless if Israel uses it to try and stop extra casualties.

Well weapons are meant to be lethal, that is their whole point. One that is lethal to the intended target it a good aim, but apparently a crime nonetheless if Israel uses it to try and stop extra casualties.

If Israel is trying to stop extra casualties they are really doing a poor job of it.

if Israel uses it to try and stop extra casualties.

And instead causing Palestinian casualties and playing into Hamas' plans. I seriously don't understand why top Israeli officials can't seem to comprehend the latter point.

Is the next thread you have in mind about how we should fire an ICBM at Israel? Once this conflict ends, will you then post links from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion? We get it dude, Israel is wrong.

Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

And instead causing Palestinian casualties and playing into Hamas' plans. I seriously don't understand why top Israeli officials can't seem to comprehend the latter point.
Please explain the plan they are playing into and why they should care about causing massive Palestinian casualties (other than the obvious basic humanity and such, since we already know that has no deterrent effect).

Massive Palestinian casualties caused by Israeli munitions would tend to turn affiliations of those who are alive in one direction. You get one guess as to which.

Massive Palestinian casualties caused by Israeli munitions would tend to turn affiliations of those who are alive in one direction. You get one guess as to which.

Probably the same direction as the one people would turn if Israel lets Hamas claim victory.

Anyone who wasn't outraged by their previous behavior still isn't, because frankly no matter how outrageous their current behavior it fits directly into what we all know is 'normal' for Israel.

I see no point in throwing people into a tank full of sharks to prove they are still sharks. The people who were horrified the last time someone fell in still are, and the sharks enjoy the feeding.

Bholed, some small thread of not being completely biased would give you some credibility... it's getting old.

Top Bottom