Cannot build cathedrals

julystork

Chieftain
Why is it I cannot build 1 cathedral when I've already have 3 temples total? When I hover over the cathedral icon the red "insufficient temples total" tooltip isn't there but it is still greyed/unclickable

Why is it I cannot build 1 cathedral when I've already have 3 temples total? When I hover over the cathedral icon the red "insufficient temples total" tooltip isn't there but it is still greyed/unclickable
I recommend downloading and installing the BUG mod... it will cut out all the guesswork on such issues, telling you exactly what you need to build whatever you want to build, etc...

Why is it I cannot build 1 cathedral when I've already have 3 temples total?

Are they all in the same religion? Is 3 the critical number for your map size?

I found out something:

I have a halfway built cathedral in one of my cities i.e. the cathedral icon has 24 hammers

So does than mean only that one particular can build the cathedral now? No other city can build a cathedral while that one builds something else?

(damerell: all temples are the same religion, otherwise the red "insufficient temples total" tooltip would have shown. But it is not my state religion, nor did I found it)

Like all wonders no city can work on it while another has it in its build queue.

So is there any way to "unqueue" the cathedral?

Pardon me as I come from Civ 3 where if you switch what a city is building the shields just carry forward to the next & other cities can then build what was in the building process; instead of CivIV's "queuelock"

You need three temples per cathedral not three for any number of cathedrals. If you are building one cathedral and want to build another, you will be able to do so if you have three more temples. However, if you are building one and want to build another and have insufficient temples to build the second one, the game only greys out the cathedral and does not tell you why until the first one is finished, after which it will give you the red insufficient message. I have always considered this a bug but a minor one, since you can just keep track of how many temples you have to know the truth.

As calibur said, just left click on the cathedral in the queue (bottom left of city screen). It should disappear there and you can then build it in another city. Hammers don`t convert to other builds but instead are stored for a certain duration (dunno 30 turns or so) and start to decay after that. This means when you continue your cathedral in that city (because you have 3 more temples in other cities) after 30 turns you have 24 hammers left, after 25 turns you have 19 hammers left and so on.

Knightly_

Top Bottom