1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot declare war... I am not allied

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Nintendo Switch' started by stefanovirgilli, Feb 5, 2020.

1. stefanovirgilli

stefanovirgilli Chieftain

Hi guys, please help me... I am going crazy! Here is the summary...

I created a game that only allows Domination Victory... Then for 200 turns I built up.... Did a couple of alliances, became suzerain of some CS while 2 of them were kicked out by someone else.

Then I went to war... Kicked out Gorgo completely (never been friend), then I went on to Cleopatra (after friendship and alliance ended).... Took a few cities, then the capital, then peace.

Last, I need to take Dido's capital (after friendship and alliance ended), but it refuses to let me declare war. It gives me this tooltip that apparently nobody have ever googled as a complete sentence...

"unable to surprise war, some members of your team is a friend or ally of a member of this player's group"

I am not friend with Dido and the alliance ended long ago... But most importantly, it's a single player game... Teams?

When I place my army in her territory and she asked me to move, the option "you're right to worry (declare war)" is greyed out and cannot be chosen. I am going crazy...

what's going on here? How can I declare work and finish my job?

2. WildeComputers

WildeComputers Warlord Supporter

I’m guessing you both share an alliance with a common Civ or there is an emergency going on right now that you both are a part of (common enemy).

3. stefanovirgilli

stefanovirgilli Chieftain

Nope. No alliances in place. No emergencies in place. Only 3 civs left and we are all at piece... Actually I have piled up a ton of grievance from Dido... still can't attack.