Cannot declare war... I am not allied

stefanovirgilli

Chieftain
Hi guys, please help me... I am going crazy! Here is the summary...

I created a game that only allows Domination Victory... Then for 200 turns I built up.... Did a couple of alliances, became suzerain of some CS while 2 of them were kicked out by someone else.

Then I went to war... Kicked out Gorgo completely (never been friend), then I went on to Cleopatra (after friendship and alliance ended).... Took a few cities, then the capital, then peace.

Last, I need to take Dido's capital (after friendship and alliance ended), but it refuses to let me declare war. It gives me this tooltip that apparently nobody have ever googled as a complete sentence...

"unable to surprise war, some members of your team is a friend or ally of a member of this player's group"

I am not friend with Dido and the alliance ended long ago... But most importantly, it's a single player game... Teams?

When I place my army in her territory and she asked me to move, the option "you're right to worry (declare war)" is greyed out and cannot be chosen. I am going crazy...

what's going on here? How can I declare work and finish my job?

I’m guessing you both share an alliance with a common Civ or there is an emergency going on right now that you both are a part of (common enemy).

Nope. No alliances in place. No emergencies in place. Only 3 civs left and we are all at piece... Actually I have piled up a ton of grievance from Dido... still can't attack.

Top Bottom