Cannot get custom unit art to show up

So I followed Leuigi's tutorial on unit art creation to the letter as best I could (for some reason the asset editor won't let me create cutom tints but that's an issue for another day) and built the mod, but in game the test unit looks like a warrior, which I believe happens if there's no artdef for the unit to use.

I've attached the mod and artdef file. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Attachments

• UnitTutorial - 1.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 102
A couple of problems I can point out:

First, you don't have a *.dep file at all. Normally this would be created from the *.Art.xml file in your Modbuddy project. I'm not sure if you are using Modbuddy build or assembling the .modinfo yourself. Either way your .modinfo references a .dep file "UnitTutorial - 1.dep" that doesn't exist. Probably this is because the *.Art.xml file has not been created or your UpdateArt action in Modbuddy isn't set to (Mod Art Dependency File). The *.Art.Xml is a file that tells the cooker what systems need to use what artdefs and XLPs - in your case it should reference BantuScout.artdef which will then be referenced in the .dep. You can think of the .dep file as being the cooked version of the *.Art.Xml.

Second, in the .artdef you reference a UnitMemberType of "UNIT_TEST" but your UnitMemberType is named "BantuScout_UnitMemberTypes" - you'll need to correct that.

Top Bottom