1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot Install

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Macintosh' started by mehab, Feb 16, 2002.

1. mehab

mehab Chieftain

I just received Civ3 today for my G3 B&W. My system has 512MB of physical ram and I'm running OS 9.1, and when I try to install the game, I get a "Civilization 3 has quit because of an unexpected error" message. There aren't any programs running and I've followed all the instructions in the manual- this seems to be a rather paralyzing bug, and I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to it. Thanks.

2. wgh23

wgh23 Chieftain

I have an iMac with 96 M of physical RAM and OS 9.0. I found that an extension conflict was causing the installation problem. I turned off Norton utilities and anti-virus and was then able to install. Good Luck.

3. mehab

mehab Chieftain

I changed my extension setup to the OS's base settings and it worked- thanks!