1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

cannot liberate city states in BNW

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by floppymoose, Jul 18, 2013.

1. floppymoose

floppymoose Warlord

I've been playing civ5 since it came out, including gods and kings, and now brave new world.

i'm in my first BNW game as Portugal, and Mongolia is on my continent and conquered 3 city states. I've taken 2 of the 3 back so far and I got no popup for whether to liberate, annex, puppet. I wanted to liberate them but I can't find a way to do it.

Has anyone else seen this? Is this a bug or is there some new ui I am supposed to use to liberate city states?

2. argblarg3

argblarg3 Chieftain

I think you might have encountered a bug. I have definitely liberated city states.

3. floppymoose

floppymoose Warlord

I should add that this is version:
    1.0.3.18 (112297) on macos

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I believe that's the auto-annex bug you've encountered. It's pretty rare and hard to duplicate. You should send the saved game file to Firaxis along with your system specs.