Cannot load AutoSave with HOF-2.08.004

jodok

Chieftain
I am using the Warlord HOF mod and up until recently it has worked just nicely. But for some strange reason it does not work properly anymore.

I started a game the other day and then the graphics got garbled after a few turns. The various resources on the map turned into a pink almost round thing and then after a few more turns the game crashes and I have to restart.

Another problem that has arisen is that some buttons don't work (Like the ok button after a wonder video), and some text/graphics does not show at all.

After a crash, I try to load an autosave, but only get this error:

"The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed"

I play, of course, with "Lock modified assets" on to be able to submit my games.

If I don't load the mod, the game runs fine.

The HOF mod is the only mod installed. I did reinstall it after the problem first occured, and then I was able to play an entire game without crashes. When I started a new game yesterday, however, the problem was back again.

I have also tried to load an autosave without having a crash beforehand, but the error is the same.

Please, does anyone have any inputs to this problem?

The behavior you describe sounds like changes to the installed Assets or an incomplete install of the HOF Mod. I think the fastest way to fix things once and for all, would be to deinstall Civ4 (both Vanilla and Warlords), delete any files left behind in your install path and in My Games, install and re-patch. It is a little work but it is sure to fix almost anything.

You also might want to run chkdsk. (go to Properties of C: Drive, tool tab, Error-checking, Check Now button.) You may have a bad sector.

Good luck. :)

That sounds like a really long and winding road to go down just to get the patch to work again.

Like i said, it's only when the patch is running that I get these errors...

That sounds like a really long and winding road to go down just to get the patch to work again.

Like i said, it's only when the patch is running that I get these errors...
You could try deleting the HOF Mod and then reinstalling it again first. You might want to clear your cache (Hold space bar during startup).

Thanks, I will try that first!

Oh, that is holding down the spacebar while I start Civ right? (And does it matter if the Mod is loading or not?)

Thanx a lot for your tips! It seems like a reinstall of the patch after I deleted all savegames and data did the trick. Now I just hope it stays this way :)

Top Bottom