Cannot Load Mod

LegoAddict

Chieftain
First off, this looks like a really cool mod.

I am on Windows XP frankencomputer with a 3.0 ghz processor, 2 GB of RAM, and a pretty decent video card that runs BTS fine. I have patched BTS to the newest version.

I downloaded all the components and obeyed the readmes, including removing the _ in Star_Trek (as it came out of the unzipper).

However, I can't load the mod. I start up, go Advanced -> Load Mod and it's listed but when I load it all I get is the default BTS menu with no new civilizations or anything. I've tried loading Final Frontier after that to no avail (I've also loaded FF *then* loaded the Star Trek mod)

Any advice?

I think the problem is that you downloaded only the patch. You'll also need the full mod and the art pack. Also, check everything in the main thread carefgully to see were all these things go, as some of them go in other folders then "Mods".

Nope, I have all three and put them where the thingy told me to. I looked over the readmes multiple times and put them down in order (ie the mod before applying the patch).

Perhaps this is the problem: Windows and the game are installed on drive F. Would this make a difference?

I don't see why the location of the install would be a problem. The only thing I can think of that could have gone wrong is that you accidentally put it in a subfolder of Mods/Star Trek. If you go to the mods/star trek folder, you should see folders named "Assets", "PrivateMaps", "SDK Source" and "Manuel". If you see "Star Trek", "ST Enterprise", "ST TOS", "ST DS9" and stuff as folders instead, you should put them in "Mods", each as a separate mod.

If that isn't the problem either, I can't think of any other ideas.

I suspect that's exactly what happened. I wrote the install instructions for the default unzip utility in Windows (the compressed folders wizard). Some other unzippers don't behave the same way as it does and insist on creating their own folders. I plan to re-write the install instructions for 2.0 because of all the issues that I've seen.

Top Bottom