Cannot Load or Save a Mod Map.

goodways

Chieftain
I'm hoping someone has some ideas for this one, since I haven't seen anyone else have problems. When I create a map with worldbuilder, or download a map from someone, or play any kind of game I set up in the MOD section, when I go to the menu it doesn't give me an option to load or save my game. It just says "options" and then the rest is left blank.

Am I crazy, or should this not be?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

For some unknown reason, games that I have started with mods loaded have no Save Game or QuickSave option available (either on the Main Menu, with Ctrl-S, or with F11). Load Game is also missing from the menu, if that makes any difference.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as I would quite enjoy playing some Mods, but not being able to save the games means I really can't play them.

I have same probrem. Use True Start Location Earth Maps (v 1) Mod, can play, but no SAVE/LOAD/Quick SAVE option.....

same problem with my customized mod or TSL, when i play with mods, SAVE game buttons are missing. i'm using the french version, 1.0.0.20.

I'm having the same problem. Went to the 2k forums and there seems to be no mention of this anywhere.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Ctrl+s, ctrl+l can save & load games, but only sometimes. I have major loading problems with my home brew mod.

I tried the uninstall and reinstall as The_J suggested (easy enough as I have the DVD), and it worked—I can now Save and Load Modded games.

One quick OT: I don't like the fact that you have to remember which Mods you had loaded when Loading a game, I foresee this being problematic once there are a ton of Mods floating around.

I tried the uninstall and reinstall as The_J suggested (easy enough as I have the DVD), and it worked—I can now Save and Load Modded games.

I own the Steam version. Doing the same also worked for me. Well, actually, I had to completely uninstall steam and reinstall it. Then reinstall Civ 5 and voila, save/load option is back on modded games.

I encountered the same inconvenience. The "re-installation" method you guys found enlightened me to reach a better (or rather more time-saving) solution to this problem.

Delete the three .ini files located in "My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5" and the .db files modified after the installation (except Civ5CoreDatabase.db) in "My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache". (I am not sure if all of these files need to be deleted. But I am sure that if you delete all of them, it will work.) Then the Save, Load, and Quick Save buttons will appear.

I guess the deletions equal a re-installation in the sense that Civ V has to do a re-initialization. Since the data and executable files are unlikely to change whether you re-install or not, the only files that could be different once re-installed are the ones that were modified after the first installation. The files mentioned above seem to be the only ones that fit the criterion besides saves and mods.

I have tried to find out how this problem arises in the first place. But to no avail. I tested almost all the scenarios that I can think of that had probably triggered the problem (like the changed settings and the order and options of playing and setting up games). But none of them could make the save-related buttons disappear again, once the files were deleted.

That worked like a charm!
Thank you, i was almost ready to re-install and this did the job! :goodjob:

I couldn't locate the .ini files, so I just deleted the database (.db) files mentioned and it worked! Thanks so much. I suspect this problem started with the patch they did in December because I had been able to save my created maps just fine before then.

Top Bottom