1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot patch to 3.17 in game

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by ew0054, Dec 31, 2008.

1. ew0054

ew0054 Troll Extraordinaire

I am having the following problem on two computers. When I go through the main manu to "Check for Updates" to patch from 3.00 to 3.17, I click the [Install] button and nothing comes up. Then, when I try to exit the menus, I get a message "Patch install in progress" or "you cannot continue until patching is complete" however I never see any indication of patching. I let the game sit an hour and still nothing so I am forced to close with Task Manager. Is there any place I can download the 3.17 patch setup.exe and install it that way?

2. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

I've got the same problem,only it really get me mad.I trying to download 3.17 to download the new version of FfH.

3. Bending Unit

Bending Unit Chieftain

Bump for great justice. Just got a new laptop with Vista and I'm having the same problem. Please help!

4. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

For all those having problems updating to 3.17 in-game: You're not the only ones. At this moment, it is impossible to update in-game. The only way to update is to download the patch(it's hosted on the downloads section here) then install it manually. Might be different for Steam, but for the retail version you gotta do that.

5. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

Thanks Onionsoilder!

by the way,100th post! :rockon:

6. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

I apologize for the double post.

7. ew0054

ew0054 Troll Extraordinaire

Great advice, thank you.

Also, I finally got rid of Vista on this "Vista-only" laptop and put on XP. If it helps, here's what I did (not to get off-topic):

- First of all, my Gateway P-6822 does have XP drivers on the web site, even though the computer is not supported under XP. The problem: XP setup does not detect hard drive.

- Download drivers and made a floppy disk for the SATA drivers (denoted as ''XP F6 drivers'').

- Attach USB 3.5" drive (required as modern laptops don't have them) and start XP setup from CD. 3/5" drive automatically maps to A:\.

- Press F6 when asked, insert driver disk, get SATA drivers off it. Continue to set up XP as normal.

- If XP logo shows but computer restarts itself every time, go into BIOS and check a setting called ACPI to ON. If I understand correctly, that should force the SATA to be used as an IDE or something to that extent, allowing XP to boot. Not sure why, but it worked after that.

Hope it helps!

8. Silver_Sword

Silver_Sword Chieftain

I am having the same issue with the patch from the CD version of BtS on an XP machine. I know the install is there, and I have confirmed it in the registry and the Ad/Remove programs menu (from which I did the install just to be sure).

Any suggestions?

9. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

10. Sentoa

Sentoa Samaka 3ajiba

I'm having the same problem (updating patch in game). It has been at least two hours running now and I can't get out of the screen. How do I exit and abort the update?
    Everytime I click anything, it states "You May not Proceed until the patching process is complete"

11. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator