1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot promote Apostles

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by valamas, Oct 27, 2016.

1. valamas

valamas Chieftain

(1.0.0.26)
    The last 10 Apostles I have created, suddenly I cannot promote them.

I get the side bar notification saying a promotion is available. The apostle is newly created, standing in the holy district and has not made any moves.

Attached Files:

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Yeah, I see all your apostles are getting is the automatic Martyr promotion from Mont St. Michel, but not a "regular" promotion. Not sure what's causing that, but they certainly should be getting an additional promotion. I don't think apostle promotion capability is supposed to go "obsolete" in the late game (it is turn 362 in your game), but if that's the case, it isn't documented anywhere I can see.

3. VanishingPointe

VanishingPointe Chieftain

I am having the same issue. I too, built the Mont St. Michel. I had the ability to promote apostles still for a bit after that, but after one or two of them, the notification for promotion showed, but would not appear on the unit's card. I've had temporary issues with the same bug involving scouts too, but that seemed to iron itself out (or, maybe because I stopped building scouts?).

4. PonderThis

PonderThis Chieftain Supporter

Same thing happened to me last game, also with Mont St. Michel.

5. Browd

It will be interesting to see if anyone reports this issue who has not built Mont St. Michel.

6. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Chieftain

I just want to say that I once built Mont St/ Michel, and everything was working fine. So at least it doesn't happen always.

7. VanishingPointe

VanishingPointe Chieftain

Would it be helpful for those of us experiencing the bug to upload our offending game saves?

8. Browd

It is always helpful to get save files.

9. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Chieftain

After recruiting x number of apostles, they will stop getting auto-promotions.
    There also seems to have a limited pool of promotions available: x number of Heathen conversion, x number of Martyr, etc. Your last apostle will only get one promotion available and the later ones no promotion available.
    I got this in my first game without building Mont St Michel.

Thibaulthc likes this.
  10. CelJaded

CelJaded DENOUNCING!

What DQ says is exactly what happened in my last game. It got to the point where my Apostles could only select "Heathen Conversion" as a promotion (instead of the usual choice of 2) and then the promotion icon just stopped appearing altogether. The game continues to highlight new apostles for promotion, but doesn't display the icon that allows you to do so.

11. Trifling_Gnome

Trifling_Gnome Chieftain

Signed up to say that this happened to me too (without Mont St. Michel, since an AI beat me to it). Most aggravating when trying for a Religious win against AI Gandhi, among others, especially since he seemed to have no problem churning out promoted Apostles right to the end!

12. Sphinx

Sphinx Chieftain

I had the same issue. I built Mont St. Michel and soon after stopped getting promotions for apostles.

My theory is, that you don't get the next promotion until you choose the previous one. For example, i had an apostle with a chaplain/medic promotion pending and i didn't take it. Then i kept getting only chaplain promotions until i chose one. After that the promotions continued, until i guess the promotion choice was martyr. Since i already had automatic martyr, the game bugged out.

I also tried to abuse the same method to get proselytize apostles. I got up to two and then the promotions continued to change. This a counter example to my first one, but it might be related to max amount of proselytize available or something, so you don't get too many good promotions.

13. GarethBeaumains

GarethBeaumains Chieftain

I had the same problem.

I started to build Mont St. Michel, then cancelled it.

Ever since, I cannot promote Apostles.

14. TheGrumpyBuddha

TheGrumpyBuddha Chieftain

For what it's worth, exact same problem myself.

15. Pnothy

Pnothy Chieftain

The problem may be related to having Mont St. Michel, but most likely there is just a limited pool of promotions available. I noticed that the less interesting options - the ones I skipped in the beginning - started appearing as the only options later on, in the endgame the options went down from 2 to 1 to 0.

16. m22chan

m22chan Chieftain

Any word on this? Or at least clarification on whether it is a "feature" or a bug? Very annoying, considering religious victory is one of the small handful of victory conditions in the game.

17. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

Also have this problem, have built Mont St. Michel, but it worked fine for a while, when I got one apostle with only one option, and then no promotions at all (expect the martyr one), but I still gor irritating pop up saying I should choose a promotion.

18. Lord Byte

Lord Byte Chieftain

To me it happened after the AI built Mont St Michel OR I built it. I got it to reset twice (when having NO promotions) by moving the apostle into a city state, then I could level them again. But now it seems I keep having only one promotion, Chaplain, the one I normally never take.

Edit: Moving them into a city state didn't change a thing, I'm gonna see if I keep promoting to Chaplain if it stops then.

19. Lord Byte

Lord Byte Chieftain

Seems to be limited in numbers, and/or related to Mont St. Michel appearing. The last two (not sure if I recruited them after or before Mt. Sint Michel) only had the Chaplain promotion, the third that I recently recruited, had no upgrades even though it shows that he has a level left. Also why give them an XP bar if they cannot gain xp (or further promotions)?

20. Ramalhão

Ramalhão Chieftain

I had this issue without having built Mont St. Michel. I think it was due the huge amount of apostles I've done in that game. There may be a limit of each promotion. I noticed that my two or three last apostles that could promote had only one choice of promotion, then even this choice was gone too.