Cannot purchase units or buildings

Beechlgz

Chieftain
At first I thought I should post this as a bug, but I don't believe this is a bug. If it were a bug I think I would have found at least one other person with the same problem.

Basically I wanted the community balance patch so I could play hotseat with a friend. I could not figure out how to manually install without getting missing files and textures despite following every step of the instructions precisely so I settled for the pre-made pack available as a sticky on the forum.

I have no other mods installed. Just "CPProject Full 12/10".

So my friend and I were playing for a few turns without problems, happy that after an entire day of trying to get it to work we were finally in the game bug-free. But then when I get enough money accumulated I decide I want to purchase some units and buildings... and I can't. "You do not have enough Gold to purchase this unit/building" But I most certainly do have enough gold.

Checked my friend's one - same. In one case he has 3 times the gold he needs for a purchase a unit, but it still says he doesn't have enough.

Am I being really stupid and missing something obvious? I find it really strange that nobody else has posted asking about this. I have a feeling that this is no bug and that I'm just oblivious to a new game feature introduced by the patch.

If you are using EUI the red numbers are the amount of gold you are short by. The actual purchase costs are in the tool tips next to the hammer costs.

If you are using EUI the red numbers are the amount of gold you are short by. The actual purchase costs are in the tool tips next to the hammer costs.

Thank you, that makes sense now. I wish I had downloaded the non-EUI version now, is there any way to manually remove the EUI without having to reinstall?

Thank you, that makes sense now. I wish I had downloaded the non-EUI version now, is there any way to manually remove the EUI without having to reinstall?

Just download a no-EUI premade modpack from the same sticky thread you got the EUI one from. Don't forget to delete the old one and the contents of your cache folder before you start the game. I'm pretty sure that is savegame compatible.

I recommend checking the EUI thread to disable features you don't like. It really does streamline gameplay in a big way.

bc1 answered on that matter in this post but gave no further details about what should be altered in the code.

perhaps if more of us ask politely for a guidance ;)

Top Bottom