1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot run BTS on Win 7

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by joasoze, Jan 15, 2011.

1. joasoze

joasoze Chieftain

I have bought CIV IV complete and that gives three programs to start CIV IV Complete, CIV IV BTS and CIV IV Warlords. Since BTS is the last one, that is the one I want to play. Of the three the two others start fine, but BTS crashes on load.
    First I get a message that Windows has to change color scheme (does not get that with the two others), then there is the normal CIV IV load box for a while and then I get "CIV IV is not responding". This in on a Windows 7 64 bit laptop (ASUS G73JW).

I have tried "Run as administrator", I have tried Windows XP compability mode, I have tried all other settings I could find under properties for the exe file.

2. mintegar

mintegar Chieftain

Does complete already include the 3.19 patch? If not (the Readme in the game folder should mention the version number) install that.
    Other things you could try: Reinstalling; changing Installation dir (theres some restrictions in place for Program files dir on win 7); disabling UAC

3. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Agreed ... I have installed mine in C:\GAMES\CIV4 as I did with all my pre-win7 games, and have not had any problems.