1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot send trade routes nor see happiness modifiers?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by George Zhang, Jan 27, 2019.

1. George Zhang

George Zhang Chieftain

Hi all,

After receiving some advice from this community, I have "upgraded" my game from the November 2018 version to the new January version. Everything seemed to start off good, but then I realized I cannot send trade routes...to anybody. AI civs, city states, and even myself. I also cannot see the unhappiness modifiers for my cities...anybody have any idea why? I am using mods (besides Vox Populi), and I will list them here:

20190127153421_1.jpg
    20190127153616_1.jpg
    20190127153629_1.jpg 20190127153421_1.jpg

Also, this might not even be my only problem, as I haven't even gotten to the Classical era yet. Anybody have any advice for me? This really sucks since I liked my start alot too...

2. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

I'm pretty sure More Luxuries is incompatible with VP, because it's already integrated.
    Now you don't know what might have gotten messed up because of this, though, so it would probably be best to get rid of all mods, reinstall VP, reinstall the other mods (except More Luxuries), clear your cache and then set up a new game.
    Strange Religions also sounds like it might be incompatible, by the way.

vyyt likes this.
  3. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

Did you research the Trade technology? You have 0 possible trade routes until then.

Something seems off about your install as well, probably a mod conflict. You could try running only VP. I don't know what "Strange Religion" and "Capture+" do but they could be causing problems so maybe try disabling them.

vyyt likes this.
  4. George Zhang

George Zhang Chieftain

It might be more luxuries, that sounds pretty promising. And when I installed the new January version of VP, it seemed like all my mods redownloaded anyways...I used the auto installer. Strange religions just adds like 40 or 50 new religions into the game, I don't see how that could conflict with trade or happiness...
    I did not, but I did research trade in 2 previous starts to this, and still couldn't trade even after I built a caravan. So it shouldn't be that. And yeah, strange religions only ads a bunch of new religion icons/names and capture+ lets you capture settlers, great people, and spaceship parts. I don't see how they conflict.

5. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

Also, don't forget to unsubscribe from the vanilla More Luxuries from Steam. If you don't, it will automatically redownload and mess up your game again. You must use the VP version of More Luxuries.