Cannot start a new game

ronehjr

Chieftain
When I try the game just goes back to the main menu. I have a few mods, and cannot disable or even unsubscribe from any of them. I have played a few games with the same setup and never had a problem until now. Any suggestions?

How is it that you can't unsubscribe from mods? Just go to Steam and unsub. Once you do that, make sure you also manually delete all traces of mod content.

I worded that poorly. I unsubscribed on steam, but the mods are still in the game menu and I cannot delete them. Every mod is reliant on another mod so I am not allowed to delete anything.

Before launching the game, manually delete all mod content and all references to the mods:

1. Go to [Path]\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods and delete all files there.

2. Go one folder up (should be something like [Path]\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI) and delete "Mods.sqlite"

3. Go to your Steam Library, right click Civ VI, choose Properties, Local Files and then Verify Integrity.

At this point, the game should no longer recall any mods that you had and any game files that might have been modified by an ill-behaved mod should be restored to their original, unmodified form.

It sort of worked. There were no mods in the mod file. I deleted Mods.splite. I still had the same mods listed in additional content. I could not disable individual mods, but I could diable all of them at once. I am able to create a new game though. Thank you for your response.

Last edited:
Top Bottom