Can't attack anything

Kajukin

Chieftain
Hey.
Its very frustrading. I download V.40 of c2c and open a costume game. I cant attack animales and they dont attack me. I play c2c a long time so i know thats some Problem and not normal. Maybe in my setting? It was the same on V38.5 so i stopped play c2c for a long time, because i dont find a way to fix it.
Somebody have an Idea why this happend and better how i can fix it?

I got the steam Version of the game what comes with (BTS) V3.19.
In the description of how I have to "install" the mod it was red marked that i have special this link 3.19 update to do. But it didnt start, so it komes in my mind, its because its allready V3.19.

Pls help :-3

What custom map are you playing?
It may be problem with custom scenarios - NPCs may be saved as actual civs.

Another thing may be, that you have selected "stay by hand" status on your units - with it your units can't attack anything only defend.

Here is tutorial for steam users - you need beta patch.
Also always delete old version of mod before installing new one - never overwrite mod.

Upload save and your user settings.
Also upload that custom scenario.

Last edited:
I will try the Tutorial.
My custom game was own game, C2C World.
It was fully new. I delate BTS a long time ago and delate all of this game in APPDATA as well. So it was like i installed it the first time.

I reinstall the game and when it is still a Problem i will send the save and upload.

So it sounds like you could have mod in two places.

Now mod can't be in my documents, and must be named "Caveman2Cosmos"

I will try the Tutorial.
My custom game was own game, C2C World.
It was fully new. I delate BTS a long time ago and delate all of this game in APPDATA as well. So it was like i installed it the first time.

I reinstall the game and when it is still a Problem i will send the save and upload.
Most animals do not attack. This is relatively new, but has been the case for 3 or more versions now.

'Stay the Hand' is the most likely reason you can't attack them. Some units (possibly all hunters and explorers) have this 'status promotion' as soon as they are trained. Look on the unit for a diamond-shaped (strictly speaking a diagonally-oriented square:rolleyes:) promotion with a stylised hand. Then look for a mission button with that same image and a line through it. Press said button.

The Steam tutorial thread doesn't help with this problem. If you can read the first few posts of the v40 Player Guide thread, that will answer a lot of your questions.

Most animals do not attack. This is relatively new, but has been the case for 3 or more versions now.

'Stay the Hand' is the most likely reason you can't attack them. Some units (possibly all hunters and explorers) have this 'status promotion' as soon as they are trained. Look on the unit for a diamond-shaped (strictly speaking a diagonally-oriented square:rolleyes:) promotion with a stylised hand. Then look for a mission button with that same image and a line through it. Press said button.

The Steam tutorial thread doesn't help with this problem. If you can read the first few posts of the v40 Player Guide thread, that will answer a lot of your questions.
I mentioned Stay By Hand status promotion, that it makes units unable to attack.

So.

No, stay by Hand wasn't it, i dont take the c2c combat mod seek and hide. I was working and figuret something out. I play he game on German. Could this have something to do with it? Because if i play it on english i can attack the animals...the green man. I think thats the Problem. The green Man is a faction if i play it on german. The green man shows that the world is round or i am the rival of the green man.

And a side question, I can attack Babarian, Neandertals not. And i didnt mean the faction Neandertals, I mean the not skullflagged Neandertals babarian. Is that normal or is this a mistake?

Hopefully you guys can understand my english good enough :-D

Upload save. May be bug in translation or something else that causing weirdness.
So for now play in English.

okay i uploaded it. That i cant attack Neandertals is normal? And i start a new game in german for the save and there i could attack animals...-.-
Now i start a new game in english and hope all will go well.

Attachments

• Cant attack animals.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.4 MB · Views: 154
okay, same problem in english. cant attack the Neandertals (and they are a fraction) also the green man.

Attachments

• Cant attack all animals, neandertals green man is a faction. english language.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.1 MB · Views: 107
I switch on "start as small civ" so that all become minor civs. Now I can attack all NPCs. Make that any trouble in the game later?

You should always be at war with the neanderthal, barb, and animal civs. They should not appear in the score list.
There is one neandertthal civ that acts just like a normal civ though, that you can be at peace with, the one with Wrub as its leader.

Last edited:
Neanderthal Cities game option may be somehow broken - those units didn't have stay by hand promo status at all.

If not then you got really weird bug.

The neandertahl,barb and animal civ dont apear in the point list. They only can be the worst enemy and get around the world. And jeah im in peace with them...but not all the time. if i start a new game,mayb im in war with them or not. and not with all animals. The predator maybe are in peace and the normal other both not. I put now on all are in war and now i can fight them. And i know wrub, i mean the other babarian Neandertals, like the scout with the black flag8Not skull, the Neandertal flag).

And the bug still exist if i dealte and reinstall the game...it very weird.
Na, so i have to play the mod in all at war. they discover natural wonders as well :-O

The neandertahl,barb and animal civ dont apear in the point list. They only can be the worst enemy and get around the world. And jeah im in peace with them...but not all the time. if i start a new game,mayb im in war with them or not. and not with all animals. The predator maybe are in peace and the normal other both not. I put now on all are in war and now i can fight them. And i know wrub, i mean the other babarian Neandertals, like the scout with the black flag8Not skull, the Neandertal flag).

And the bug still exist if i dealte and reinstall the game...it very weird.
Na, so i have to play the mod in all at war. they discover natural wonders as well :-O
This sounds like a scenario that wasn't setup right. I suspect that the NPCs you cannot attack are due to being considered a Player, and you aren't at war with those Players.

When you use a Custom Game setup, those should naturally establish themselves as Non-Played Civs that you are automatically at war with. They should also not be capable of getting around the world and revealing goody huts and other such things.

I never play a scenario, always play the own designed game. Custom game.
I'm searching the howl internet for that mistake...could it be that i have a special Laptop that owns his own faults for that Mod.

How was the save data i send? I save so you could see what Im talking about, cause I cant attack the NPCs in front of my units.

I never play a scenario, always play the own designed game. Custom game.
I'm searching the howl internet for that mistake...could it be that i have a special Laptop that owns his own faults for that Mod.

How was the save data i send? I save so you could see what Im talking about, cause I cant attack the NPCs in front of my units.
Try playing without Neanderthal Cities game option - maybe something broke this one?

@billw2015 this bug exists in both saves above, can you check it?

Those were generated maps.
Also there are no "stay by hand" statuses....

Last edited:
Top Bottom