1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't believe there are still no teams.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by cjm81499, Dec 11, 2016.

1. cjm81499

cjm81499 Chieftain

It's been what? almost 2 months since it has been released and there are still no teams.

My brother and I have been waiting and waiting to play.

Just felt like complaining :p

2. CelJaded

CelJaded DENOUNCING!

Indeed, I've been in the same situation since launch and it has become very frustrating.

It might be worth adding your voice to the bug report thread if you're keen to get the matter noticed. Link here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/multiplayer-game-setup-no-team-option.600463/

3. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

You know you can still play as a team, just like we did in Civ2 and Civ3, it just means its not hard coded in the game...just saying.

CS

4. Draco84

Draco84 Warlord

I hope they introduce teams in the next update. I also hope they don't turn teams into one civ, what I mean is that I don't want shared tech/civics. I would like to see shared maps and victories and permanent Allies status, maybe the ability to transfer gold from one player to the other. edit: duh, this would be in the diplo area.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  5. Forbiddentwo

Forbiddentwo Warlord

Depending on how hard it is to program, it'd be nice if they included both.

They could give the host a checkbox to toggle shared techs and civics.

6. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

Most player want shared tech's and civics in my experience, but yes options are always good. As well as line of sight etc

CS

7. Forbiddentwo

Forbiddentwo Warlord

Has there been any indication that this is even on their radar (along with the Sea Dog issues)?

8. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

You will not ever see Firaxis comment on bugs/balance issues or upcoming fixes...2K will never let them as that is admitting the game has problems, that could lead to legal action being taken on 2K. Firaxis has released two patches already, teams code is much more complex than fixing a bug. So you just have to have faith that if they put out two patches before Christmas, that they have not forgotten about us. But don't look for anything official until the day they release a patch with its notes.

CS