Cant build Cottages and workshops?!

Tobbe_1

Chieftain
Hi, i am playing a game with the scions right now (using the old patch 0.24m) and for some reason i dont understand, i cant build cottages and workshops on some plains and grasslands...

a bug? intended?

I tried to search for some information about this, but wasnt successful...pls help. thx.

you should only be able to build cottages on grasslands or next to fresh water. If you can't do that, then yes, its a bug.

-Colin

you should only be able to build cottages on grasslands or next to fresh water. If you can't do that, then yes, its a bug.

-Colin

I still have to confirm it, but could it be that cottages can ONLY built near fresh water?!

Yes. In Orbis, cottages require freshwater to build. Not sure if irrigation works for them or not, though... Haven't played enough Orbis to tell you. :lol:

1. Thanks a lot for this information...thats quite an essential change, that should be documented somewhere!

2. It seems to me, that farms (irrigation) doesnt work für cottages.

3. What about workshops...they require fresh water, too??? As i cant build them either...:eek:

are you sure you have the right tech needed for workshops? IIRC, all they need is flat terrain (can't be built on hills). As far as I am aware though, they don't require fresh water, as fresh water usually comes from rivers/lakes, and the watermill is specifically for rivers.

-Colin

are you sure you have the right tech needed for workshops? IIRC, all they need is flat terrain (can't be built on hills). As far as I am aware though, they don't require fresh water, as fresh water usually comes from rivers/lakes, and the watermill is specifically for rivers.

-Colin

I will check this again in some other games, might be the mistake...though i was quite sure, that i already built some...anyway, i can definitely confirm that Irrigation wont work cottages in any way

Sorry for not answering earlier.

Cottages work as readercolin said. I think it is fine that way.

Unfortunatelly, workshops are severly restricted too. They require freshwater - and were allowed to be build elsewhere at machinery.
I have removed machinery change for performance (as it was done in python) but forgot to change workshop requirements back to normal. Will change it in the next patch.

Sorry for not answering earlier.

Cottages work as readercolin said. I think it is fine that way.

Unfortunatelly, workshops are severly restricted too. They require freshwater - and were allowed to be build elsewhere at machinery.
I have removed machinery change for performance (as it was done in python) but forgot to change workshop requirements back to normal. Will change it in the next patch.

Hey, thanks for answering at all :) Good to know...these changes should be documented somewhere, IMHO.

*Close*

Top Bottom