Can't build Cristo Redentor

Don't have the game with me now but their are two possibilities

1. Someone else got to Radio first and built it
2. You have a Permanent Ally, as soon as you discovered Radio, They started building it.

I am way too far ahead for any of those, and when I check the wonders tab it doesn't show.

I had a look, nothing I can see..., wasn't built elsewhere, discovered radio built Eiffel tower, must be a bug with map??

Another thing I noticed you can only build the Apollo project in 2 cities...Amsterdam and Cameria....?? what's with that..No latitude requirements...no building required.....no pre requisitates....apart from the Tech...

All other wonders were available as required..ie, 3 gorges with river, forbidden palace with courthouse, Hollywood all......Globe theartre with theartre

you won...pass is off as a 'I don't know, but won't recur' bug

My guess is that it was built, but the city it was in got razed. It doesn't show up to be built, so that's the only thing that makes sense.

Bh

It was never built, I went through the events log from discovery of Radio to present day, built Eiffel tower, discovered a few other tech, strange order I thought, but never built Christo Rendentor, not started anywhere, and vassal's can't build it......

they are a stand alone civ for wonders/space race...as I said, pass it off as a once off

My guess is that it was built, but the city it was in got razed. It doesn't show up to be built, so that's the only thing that makes sense.

Bh
The weird thing in that save is that he really is the only one who could have build it (all the other civs are pre-radio most are pre-electricity) - so unless he forgot he build it and got his city razed this is weird. On the other hand it is a 3.03 save and even if there is a bug somewhere it is possible that this is due to 3.03 and no longer present in 3.13 :crazyeye:

So the other day I randomly remembered what most likely caused this. If during a game I forgot to switch to a civic during a golden age (and too many turns had passed for me to reload an autosave), I would go into the worldbuilder, give myself the Cristo Redentor so that I could switch without having to go into anarchy, then delete the wonder immediately.

EDIT: smoking gun. In 1675 I trigger a golden age lasting 10 turns (Nidaros has the MoM, which I don't capture until much later). Golden age ends in 1710, and in 1712 I switch civics to Serfdom without anarchy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom