1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't build Dams on World Builder Maps

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by King Phaedron, Aug 4, 2021.

1. King Phaedron

King Phaedron Warlord

There is no rhyme or reason to whether or not you can build a dam on world builder maps. In most cases you simply can't.

I try to make two and three tile floodplains near a river and yes the rivers are traversing more then one side of a hex.

No dam = no power and no industrial zone as in most setups the dam is key to giving the industrial zone a decent radius.

It is almost always better to build Encampments even though the Industrial zone is cheaper it causes more problems then it's worth.

Coal Oil and Uranium wasted for what eventually becomes too much production leading to production queues coming up too often esp with city projects. Not to mention the pollution and risk of meltdown. They really only benefit a small civilization.

The hydro electric dam, however, is quite useful, and often makes an industrial zone with work shop and factory worth building.

I have been making maps and playing civ 6 for years and I still cannot ever tell if I'm going to be able to make a dam or not in any given spot.

I contend the system is absolute bullocks and I should be able to make them.

Here is an example of an area with two floodplains

Knightfall likes this.
  2. King Phaedron

King Phaedron Warlord

This site is extremely unstable on my phone. Let's try this again.

Attached Files:

• dam.bmp
      File size:
      2.8 MB
      Views:
    Knightfall likes this.