Can't build mint despite gold mines

Faray357

Chieftain
Hi all;

My capital city has 2 gold mines, and I can not build a mint. I started to build a mint, had it going for 2 turns, then it just sort of disappeared. It's not built, but it won't show up. I did a search and most of the time the issue is the title disappears to another city. However, both gold mines are being worked by my capital, and one of them isn't in range of another city.

Anyone know a way to resolve this; it's only 4 gold, but with the multipliers I'm missing out :(

Is there a barbarian unit on the mine? I know Barbs will prevent you from working a tile, maybe the game also sees it as if you don't have the resource at all with an enemy unit on top of it. Other than this though, I am not sure. I have run in to a couple of random bugs in the game that usually seem to "fix themselves" by a restart (not just a reload).

great another bug in the game throw it on the pile.

This is uaully down to another city having claimed that tile through it's culture and thus the game sees that as owning that tile even if it is within the workable area of another city.

Such buildings are based on the city that owns the tile not if it is/can work that tile.

Yes the first city to culturally expand onto that tile claims it and that is the only one that can build the mint/circus/whatever.

If not then it might be a bug.

Top Bottom