can't build space ship components till Apollo

Cashew_B

Chieftain
Hi all,

I found my old Civ II disk and wanted to reminisce. Did fairly well, got to the space ship technologies before the other civilizations, but, horror of horrors, I can't build any of the components. Once I build the Apollo Program I can build, but what fun is letting all the civilizations build their space ship at the same time?

Any thoughts? I just checked and it appears to be v.1.07c

The other civs might not be able to build spaceship parts if they don't have the right tech's. If you are able to have alle the right techs and the other civs don't you can win the spacerace easily.

Just look at the downloadpage for civ2 for the right patches to upgrade your civ version.

Hi all,

I found my old Civ II disk and wanted to reminisce. Did fairly well, got to the space ship technologies before the other civilizations, but, horror of horrors, I can't build any of the components. Once I build the Apollo Program I can build, but what fun is letting all the civilizations build their space ship at the same time?

Any thoughts? I just checked and it appears to be v.1.07c

I think it is called the space race. While Apollo unlocks the ability to build for every one, you are still the only one with the Science Tech to build all of the parts. How would you feel if someone else built the Wonder and you could not build the spaceship. Only one wonder can be built, and the Apollo Wonder unlocks the ability to build. It does not unlock the techs to build all of the parts though. It does take a snapshot of the map.

Thanks guys, I think I get it now. The Apollo wonder allows spaceship building, but only as civilizations learn the pre-requisite technologies. I thought it automatically granted the technology and build ability to all civilizations.

So does Manhattan Project work the same way?

Cheers!

Top Bottom