can't build stoneworks in the city that has mausoleum of halicarnassus

lionheart04

Chieftain
Is this a bug or just a game feature? My capital has 4 stone resources and i want the +4 hammer. I also have the stone circle pantheon that gives +2 faith to the stones if this triggered the bug.

The total yield of each stone would've been +1food +3hammer +2faith +3gold:mad:

Yeah, usually the biggest mistake when it's a stone heavy city is building it in plains.

damn, looks like I'll have to restart my game and just move my capital away from that near mountain, near river hill start

damn, looks like I'll have to restart my game and just move my capital away from that near mountain, near river hill start
Yes, that would be necessary if you don't want to "cheat."

The alternative is to fire up a mod and change the plains to grassland. Doing so would save you the frustration of starting over. Presumably you wouldn't make any additional changes to the landscape.

I never really quite understood why stoneworks can't be built in cities on plains.

Stone and the stoneworks were introduced to reduce the likelihood that a region would be production-starved (Usually grassland regions). A region with plains can't be production-starved so doesn't "require" a stoneworks.

Stone and the stoneworks were introduced to reduce the likelihood that a region would be production-starved (Usually grassland regions). A region with plains can't be production-starved so doesn't "require" a stoneworks.

In that case, having a production building or hammer pantheon for calendar resources (like textile mill for cotton/silk) would be very helpful, as I :cry: when I get a start with calendar resources as opposed to mining or marble resources. Even the fish give you a hammer with lighthouses. With ivory and camp luxes you can get the +1 food for camps pantheon to increase tile yield.

Beliefs in this game are very weirdly distributed, and makes for unbalanced starts. How come wine and incense get so much goodies, and dyes and cotton get no love for anything, for example? If you get wine and incense you get monastery and the pantheon. If you get cotton and dye all you can hope for is oral tradition.

Beliefs in this game are very weirdly distributed, and makes for unbalanced starts. How come wine and incense get so much goodies, and dyes and cotton get no love for anything, for example? If you get wine and incense you get monastery and the pantheon. If you get cotton and dye all you can hope for is oral tradition.

Exactly.

I am hoping this game can learn from RISE OF NATIONS, where every luxury resource gave you some bounses. For instance, I think having CITRUS should give all your ships +10 combat strength (due to citrus curing rickets and scurvy). This could extend to all luxuries in your civ (and not any that you import). It wouldn't be gamebreaking at all. I mean, the same principle is applied to MARBLE, which gives you +10% (or +15%) bonus to wonder production in the first two eras.

The prevalent regional terrain does not influence whether you can build a Stone Works or not. It's only the terrain of the city tile that counts.

Hills can be plains, grassland, desert or tundra.

Doesn't matter if your city center is on a plains hill or plains flatland -- still can't build stoneworks.

Or just mod Buildings.xml to eliminate the line:

<ProhibitedCityTerrain>TERRAIN_PLAINS</ProhibitedCityTerrain>

Top Bottom