Can't build Thief or Atlatlist

CainStar

Warlord
I have met requirements for both units, at least according to pedia, but I still can't build them. Researched Thief, build the Den of Thieves, and had the Banditry Civic active, but still can't build a Thief. I also have researched Atlatlist technolgy but there is no option to build one. Is pedia simply out of date, or does the fact that I build Neanderthal culture block the usage of those units?

Can't build those units if city has local Neanderthal culture and the culture is active.

Guess I should add to the pedia some info about the unit being force obsoleted when that's the case.
Technically, those units are replaced by the neanderthal gatherer unit.

Last edited:
This happened to me too, not sure it makes sense especially when Atlatlist become available again at Classical Lifestyle when Nenderthal is obsolete

Can't build those units if city has local Neanderthal culture and the culture is active.

Guess I should add to the pedia some info about the unit being force obsoleted when that's the case.
Technically, those units are replaced by the neanderthal gatherer unit.
WHY?!
That's totally backwards!

WHY?!
That's totally backwards!
Counterbalance downside to the overwhelming power of Neanderthal strength - they can hardly throw worth a damn and thus units that throw are almost entirely unavailable to them. We also theorize they in part died off due to an inability to master the human art of deception.

Top Bottom