Can't build Wonders?

King Victor I

Chieftain
Trying the RI mod for the last few weeks, having a problem I can't seem to fix. My capitol (Persepolis) has built the Mausoleum of Mausolus, and I want to build Hanging Gardens. The gardens appear on every other city's list but not that one. I guess this is because of some undocumented one-world-wonder-per-city limit, but after modding the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml to restore the limit (and starting a new game, same situation except now the Mausoleum is unfinished), I still can't build it. How do I mod this back so I can build a proper GP farm?

I fully expect to get a response saying "But it's meant to work that way! We did that on purpose!" and I don't care. I want to be able to build more wonders. Please tell me there is a way.

BTW the folks over at Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn (which uses many features of RI) have made their wonder limit something you can turn off in the Custom Game screen. Just saying.

RI has no world wonder per city limit (although maybe it should...). Are you sure you had all the prerequisites for the Hanging Gardens? All right techs? If I remember right, it also requires an Aqueduct in the city... But I might be wrong.

As [Y] said there's no limit of wonders per city, and also im my most recent game coincidentaly i built the Hanging gardens after building the Mausoleum of Maussolos in my capital.
Also there's no need of an aqueduct in RI, only vanilla. Though i could be wrong, i am speaking from memory.

As [Y] said there's no limit of wonders per city, and also im my most recent game coincidentaly i built the Hanging gardens after building the Mausoleum of Maussolos in my capital.
Also there's no need of an aqueduct in RI, only vanilla. Though i could be wrong, i am speaking from memory.
I haven't played vanilla in 4-5 years, so I'd be really impressed with myself if that one little detail somehow persisted in my memory after years of playing RI.:cringe:

What I am observing is that the Hanging Gardens are on the build list for Babylon and Jerusalem, but not on the build list at all for Persepolis or Akkad. The Civilopedia for RI does not list any prerequisite building, and neither Akkad nor Jerusalem have a Well. So why can I build it in Jerusalem/Babylon but not in Persepolis/Akkad?

EDIT: OK, I just realized that the two cities that can build it are river-adjacent (No fresh water in Persepolis, Akkad has fresh water from an Oasis). Is this an undocumented limitation on the Hanging Gardens added in RI? In the first game where I had this problem, Persepolis was my only non-river city, so the wonder was on all other cities' build lists.

EDIT: OK I found the thing in the Wonders file and fixed it. No more river requirement.

Top Bottom