Can't Buy G&K At Apple App Store

docbud

Emperor
I downloaded the patch tonight, and had to "restore" my previous DLC purchases.

Two of them are no longer there:

1) Explorer's Map Pack
2) Cradle of Civilization Map Pack

The main concern is that I cannot "buy" G&K when I hit buy from the DLC screen. I get the dialogue box to log into the app store and even when I do, it just spins and spins, and I get nothing. Just a blank screen. It churns away, but it's not doing anything because my FIOS modem is showing no activity.

Is the App Store broken or a link to G&K to buy it from them?

I'm also concerned because I've tried to "buy" it a half-dozen times. I sure hope I don't get charged six times for this.

Anyone having problems with purchasing G&K through Apple's App Store?

I tried to ask the question as Aspyr's site, but I have no intention of registering and all that just to see what is going on.

UPDATE: In case anyone else has the same problem, I got this from Apple. Note that the addy they supplied didn't work but I googled it, and then clicked on that. The main problem was that the App Store (for some reason) wanted three security questions. I have no idea why. Anyway--these steps worked. Only thing different is that the "free iTunes song" is on the right hand side and not at the bottom of the page. Hope this helps anyone who has/had the same problem.

We need you to follow these steps:

- Go to Apple id at https://www.appleid.apple.com
- Click on Manage account
- Sign in
- Click on Password and security on the left hand side
- you will see the place to enter security questions and answers
- click save
- Sign out

Go to your computer and follow these step in iTunes:

- If iTunes is open go to the top menubar and to Store then sign out of iTunes.
- Now quit iTunes
- Now open iTunes
- Go to the top menu bar then go to Store and Sign in with account XXXXXXX@mac.com
- Go the iTunes Store main page and to the bottom and Free on iTunes get the free song of the week. If you are asked to agree to the new terms of service read then accept them. If you are asked to update your billing info you can do one of the following depending on if you want a credit card on the account or not.
- if you do not want a credit card on the account select NONE then Done and Done again
- if you want a credit card on the account. Put in your security code for your credit card then click done.

You will need to refresh any device you use by following these steps:

- Go to Settings
- Go to Store
- Select Sign out
- Select sign in with existing account
- You will be asked to verify the information please put in the exact information you just put on the account on the computer.

Now you will be able to go to the Mac App Store:

- Click on the Mac App Store to open it
- Go to the top menu bar then to Store and to Sign out
- Sign out of your account
- Go back to the top menu bar then to Store and Sign IN
- SIgn in with your account XXXXXXX@mac.com
- Now attempt to purchase the application

[NOTE: I XXXXX'd out my email address]

NOTE NOTE: You will "buy" G&K from the DLC screen in Civ V. Then you will be instructed to restart the game.

Two of them are no longer there:

1) Explorer's Map Pack
2) Cradle of Civilization Map Pack

Is there a scroll bar on the side of the DLC window?
Also, if you restored purchases, and had those maps packs previously, check to see if they are available when creating a game.

^^Yes--there is a scroll bar. Both of those missing DLCs are at the bottom (i.e., they don't show as loaded or purchased), and I did restore all purchases. What civ should I be looking for that may be missing?

I backed up my hard drive before trying to get G&K and I will check that drive. Can't do until tomorrow.

But I know I had all the DLCs and now those two are missing. I'm not sure what I should be looking for. I am guessing Zeus thing and stuff. That is there.

If there is not a buy button next to those, then you have them. Once you've bought the DLCs, the DLC menu is there to enable or disable the content.

Since those two are map packs, you don't disable them. You simply choose not to play that map when making a game.

The Statue of Zeus is part of the Wonders DLC, which all Mac App user have now.

Okay--that makes sense. When I first bought Civ V they were separate, but I seem to remember when I updated a patch at the App Store I had to re-download the entire game and the Wonders was then a part of it. All sorted now. Thanks.

Top Bottom