1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't capture Station

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by JosephC, Jan 11, 2016.

1. JosephC

JosephC Warlord

It's happened to me a few times. A station lands in a one tile lake. Then I get a quest to destroy it. I can take it down to 0 health, but I can't move any units on it to take it over.

Am I missing something ? How do I finish it off ?

2. kipwheeler

kipwheeler Warlord

This may be a dumb question on my end, but are you using melee units rather than ranged units to perform the coup de grace? Remember that ranged units can knock a station down to zero, but it takes a melee one to take it over once it's beaten down.

3. Svartal

Svartal Chieftain

I think you need a unit that levitates, so either a tier 3 armor or the flying alien bugs you can get from an excavation.

Does make me wonder if you would setup an aquatic outpost on a lake, or is that not possible?
    If it is possible it would basiclly mean it cant be taken untill other factions get tier 3 armor units.

4. JosephC

JosephC Warlord

Yup, Here's a picture of me trying to attack it with a melee unit.

I think I tried that when it happened a few months ago. If I recall it didn't work but I'm not 100% sure. Is there an easy way to cheat and add a levitating unit to test this theory out?